Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Saving a text message

osbert
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a naff old but very good mobile phone.

I went to Save a long text but hit the next button To Multimedia by mistake. 

I won't let me send it and I cannot get it back to normal.

Does anyone know what to do please?

pinkcloud

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What happens of you come out of your text app , close the app and re launch it and look at the text messages again. 

Also what phone are you using please. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @osbert

If the message is over 160 characters, the phone may well have automatically converted the message to multimedia.  If this is the case, there will be nothing you will be able to do to get it back to a standard text message.

If the message has not been sent, you will probably need to retype the message and send as two standard texts messages, as Vodafone will charge extra for a multimedia long text this will avoid the out of bundle charge.

There is further information for you here:  Why have I been charged for a text message?

Thank you both.

It's a Nokia 2630, It doesn't have any apps just a list of options and I always choose save message.  It isn't a charging issue as I have a Big  Value bundle with unlimited texts.

I did go up to the limit of the number of characters but it would not let me go over that so I split it into two messages. 

What you describe seems the likely answer, thank you, but it's an awful lot to type again.

Thanks for help.

Is there really no way of doing this without having to type it all again?

AnnS

Hi @osbert

Unfortunately, it's unlikely and you will need to type the messages again sending as two or even three separate messages.  If you still have the long message, try going into your edit message, you may be able to delete part of the message and send the first part of a 160 character maximum.

If you have predictive turned on, the phone will guess the words and it will be a lot quicker.