main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Sending Text Message with Picture

johnoooo
4: Newbie

Triad to do this today, I'm new to these smart phones.

I've got a Big Value Bundle with plenty of data credit.

However my Text message with a picture failed to send

Got message "You have no credit"

But I have got credit via BVB

So what is wrong?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnoooo

The Big Value bundle will cover you for standard SMS messages.  You will need additional credit on top of the bundle to send a MMS message, picture messages are charged as out of bundle at 45p per message.   Please refer to the link below for your out of bundle charges not included in the Big Value Bundle.

PAYG call charges

You would be better off sending the picture as email or using an application such as WhatsApp.  This way the message would come out of your data allowance or can be sent over a WiFi connection.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

@johnoooo

If you use Facebook and so does the recipient then messenger is a good option to send a picture. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
johnoooo

Thanks, I don't use face Book, but have installed "Whats App" & will give it a try

View more options
AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

You will need to make sure your recipients are also on WhatsApp.  If you use the green message indicator on the right of the of the appliction, you will be also able to email your friends with a WhatsApp invite. 

It's quite nice being able to set up a Group and share conversations through WhatsApp.  I have got one and we each receive the same message and are able to share videos and pictures. 

If you have WiFi available no need for mobile data to be on when you use the application, you can safely turn it off and send as many videos and picture message as you would like. 

View more options
johnoooo

@AnnSwrote:

Hi @johnoooo

You will need to make sure your recipients are also on WhatsApp.  If you use the green message indicator on the right of the of the appliction, you will be also able to email your friends with a WhatsApp invite. 

It's quite nice being able to set up a Group and share conversations through WhatsApp.  I have got one and we each receive the same message and are able to share videos and pictures. 

If you have WiFi available no need for mobile data to be on when you use the application, you can safely turn it off and send as many videos and picture message as you would like. 

Thanks for the advise.

I've installed "Whatsapp" but can't currently use as I can't get mobile signal at my home location, so i can't receive their security code to switch "Whatsapp" on.

So tomorrow will go to a location & complete set up & send text with photo

View more options