Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking service

PR1976
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have never known a network service like Vodafone before.

The MyVodafone app goes down most nights for 'upgrades' leaving me no choice but to use the just as awful 2345 number.

I wanted to top up and get a data extra as I ran out before my big value bundle was due to start. First you hear your balance including calls, texts & data. Then you get offered a more expensive bundle asking you to use your credit. Then you choose another option to continue only to have to listen to the same information all over again and asking again if you want the offer. A grand total of four times I had to endure the same information given before I could top up.

Why not just hear your balance once, get offered to top up and then hear what I can do with balance?

Seriously considering going back to GiffGaff. They are cheaper too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @PR1976

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here collate such feedback and do send it to the relevant department. 

Other options to top are re occuring card payments which maybe attractive to some or top up by text.

How-can-I-top-up-my-phone-or-another-number. And Can-I-top-up-automatically.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @PR1976

I get what your saying totally.

I'm Payg too and use my Debit Card to top up.

To give some balance it's not just Vodafone who does this when topping up.

I use two networks at the same time in my Samsung Note 9.

It seems an age before it gets round to the point where one can top up.

I can understand the networks wanting to push their services but there's a fine line I believe between pushing their services and inconveniencing their customers.

I've raised this point with the network(s) before to no change.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for your reply.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was new information they provided after each time you choose an option but it's not. It's the same repeated automated voice.

I can also understand that downtime should be at a time to disturb the least amount of people so it makes sense to test their servers after midnight but the sheer amount of times the app goes down is staggering.

The worst part is on Google Play Store, the description clearly states you can access Live Chat via the app. You clearly get directed on a browser to use this service and if you run out of data, you can't connect anyway, unlike rest of Vodafone's site.

I've made a record of all the SMS numbers you can use now to order more data so I do not have to go through this rigmarole again.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @PR1976

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here collate such feedback and do send it to the relevant department. 

Other options to top are re occuring card payments which maybe attractive to some or top up by text.

How-can-I-top-up-my-phone-or-another-number. And Can-I-top-up-automatically.

Take care.

Current Phone  >