Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Swap Farce

Lubee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a new phone and need a Nano sim. 

So this morning I go to my local Telford store to do what should be a straight forward sim swap.  Obviously nobody could be bothered to turn up for work as the store was still not open at 11.30 (was supposed to open at 10.30). 

I am unhappy as I am out of pocket for petrol and parking.

Messaged the social media team who said I could do a sim swap online.  OK so to the URL and find I have to chat to a member of the Live Chat Team.  This is where it starts getting really frustrating.

I am informed I can get a sim swap but it will be £2.50 for delivery which is outrageous.  I say I'm not happy - the reply back was go to a store to complete the sim swap.  I don't work near a store and I have already been there once.

I am then told I can have a new sim/number for free with no delivery charges but a new sim/same number will cost me £2.50 and I will still have to go through Live Chat to do the transfer.

This is a kick in the teeth for existing customers trying to stay with Vodafone.  I might as well move to another provider.

Can anyone on the forum Admin team sort out my sim swap without it costing me any more money?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lubee

If your sim card can accept text messages then is this the link your using Here

This has to be processed onto a Blank SIM card which does not have a mobile number already associated with it. 

The charge you speak of ive seen before which is a postage fee to send out a Blank SIM card. 

There is no cost applied to processing a sim swap. 

I assume you do not have a multi sim card where the sim sizes push out of each other. 

Ive no idea why the shop didn't open at its advertised time unless staffing caused the issue etc. 

The best fastest process is in a store to process the sim swap but I appreciate what your saying. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@bandofbrothers - the thing that gets my riled is that delivery on a blank sim is £2.50 but the delivery on a sim that has a number already on it is £0.

Go figure that one...live chat says its apparently caused by the "third party" delivering the sim.  But that 3rd party will be the same which ever one they send!

Beggars beleif TBH...looks like another trip to the shop is on the cards :Sad_face:

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lubee We apologies for the issue of not being able to access Vodafone Telford yesterday.  We have feed this back internally and it was caused by a staff emergency. 

I'm told the store is back to normal working hours now and you should be able to pop in to get a SIM card :Thumbs_Up:

Alternatively, if you want to do this online please let us know when you receive your SIM card and we'll reimburse the postage cost.

Please let us know how you get on.