Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV App not working on new mobile

obbaldo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I changed my mobile this week to another Android device, however I cannot get Sky Sports Mobile TV app to work. It worked when I first installed it but it stopped now. I have been in touch with Vodafone twice & also with Sky twice but no one is able to help me. 

Basicaly, when I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then nothing happens. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just stays on the listings screen. My Vodafone network connection is good.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

After chatting with Vodafone support, I got a txt message saying "It looks like you've changed your plan and are no longer eligible for Sky Sports Mobile TV. ...". This was not helpful and now I know my subscription has been ended by the someone in custoemr support. I probably need a new txt to activate the subscription again on the new phone, so please help.

Can you please help?

Many thanks,

OB

17 REPLIES 17

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@obbaldo Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Entertainment Package. We'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you.

If you need to activate your subscription again, you can do that here. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch too, incase we need to investigate further.

This exact same thing has happened to me. Just bought the Samsung s9 plus, using the same sim card as previously but get the same issues. I've even redone the verification of my account but no luck. Can anyone help please? 

TJ

Have you tried to re-register you Entertainment pack @leewill? You can do this here 😊

I've also popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch in case you have any further issues, so we can access your account to investigate further. 

When I click on that link and follow the steps it asks me to subscribe for £5.99 a month. I thought the subscription was included in my package?

When I click on that link and follow the steps it asks me to subscribe for £5.99 a month. I thought the subscription was included in my package?

@TJ wrote:

Have you tried to re-register you Entertainment pack @leewill? You can do this here 😊

I've also popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch in case you have any further issues, so we can access your account to investigate further. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lovellahm Make sure you're not connected to Wi-Fi when you follow the link, as this will need to be done via mobile data. 

If there's still a subscription fee showing then we'll need to check everything is set up properly on your account. In this case, please contact our team using the information in my private message

I cancelled my sky sports because I was told I would be able to watch sky sports on my mobile app where ever I go. Only to find out that to use the sky sports app, I would have an extra £5'99 a month added. 

Why pay to use an app to access a service I already pay for. So, i thought sod that & unsubscribed. And now sky is fully owned by American's. Just wait for more money grabbing tactic's to occure!

I'm having exactly the same problem and I'm not happy, I upgraded to a note 9 and now I cant get skysports. Did you get sorted and if so how. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @loglayer I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your Sky Sports subscription. We'd be happy to take a look at your account and see what the problem is. Please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you.