Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV App not working on new mobile

obbaldo
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I changed my mobile this week to another Android device, however I cannot get Sky Sports Mobile TV app to work. It worked when I first installed it but it stopped now. I have been in touch with Vodafone twice & also with Sky twice but no one is able to help me. 

Basicaly, when I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then nothing happens. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just stays on the listings screen. My Vodafone network connection is good.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

After chatting with Vodafone support, I got a txt message saying "It looks like you've changed your plan and are no longer eligible for Sky Sports Mobile TV. ...". This was not helpful and now I know my subscription has been ended by the someone in custoemr support. I probably need a new txt to activate the subscription again on the new phone, so please help.

Can you please help?

Many thanks,

OB

17 REPLIES 17

Hi TJ,

Exactly the same issue here, I have found this post via internet search.

I had asked another moderator but no response as of yet (over a month ago!)

Please could you help me resolve this as the new device still does not work.

Many thanks.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sdotrich We'd be happy to help get your Sky Sports Mobile TV up and running 😊 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

I've had a look through your Community account records and can see it was myself you messaged. When you view my message, make sure to follow the link as this will take you to an online contact form. Once this has been submitted, a member of our team will get in contact with you directly. We don't regularly monitor our private messages as this forum is for community based discussion on the existing boards, so thanks for posting 🙂

I bought a subscription last night to watch football and I never got to watch it. I turned my WiFi off, loaded app, 

I click watch and click the via Vodafone button, then I get a loggin screen, I log in and it just hangs on this login page.

I have tried uninstalling, restarting, customer services have refreshed my account and nothing happens.

Shocking service and app. Might aswell get a refund. I spent 90mins last night all for nothing and missed the game.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @macknelly, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting connected to your Sky Sports app. What phone are you using at the moment? 

Pixel 3 with Android 10

TJ

Thanks for providing those details @macknelly. There's been some news that the Sky Sports app has been struggling with the new android update; we're trying to get confirmation from Sky when this will be resolved. 

In the meantime, we'll be happy to get you switched over to a different entertainment choice (such as Spotify or NOW TV) for the time being. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Nic33333

Hi

i recently bought sky sports mobile with my new phone and the app works fine on my iPhone but I’d like it to work on my husbands phone instead

we log out of on mine but the login fails to work on my husbands phone.  

I assume this should work, can you please help?

thanks a lot 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nic33333 When adding the Sky Sports entertainment pack to your number, this would then need to be logged in through your phone as your SIM card will register your subscription to the service. Is your husband with us and eligible to have an Entertainment pack for their number? If he'd like to take a look into his options, more information can be found on our Entertainment pack page.