cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spam texts sent from recipients without a number, 7726 suggests 'stop all' which is not possible

wallmeerkat
2: Seeker

Hi, I am constantly getting spam texts.

These are sent with a word eg. 'Support' or 'FinanceADV' for example.

I forward the texts on to Vodafone 7726 spam reporting, who unhelpfully suggest that as it came from a 'short code', I reply to the original text with a 'Stop All'.

However, I cannot, as there is no number associated with these text numbered recipients.

Is there a better way of reporting spam that doesn't come back with stupid unworkable suggestions?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

That is the correct way to report spam.  Personally I would not reply as it can sometimes make things as the spammers realise the number is active. 

PWIAC

Thanks.

I guess my confusion is that it is impossible to reply anyway, but that is the only suggestion from Vodafone - no suggestion that they will investigate the originating device etc. just "send Stop All".

So:

- This does not work, as it is not possible to text a non-numeric originator without an associated number.

- This is bad advice anyway as it encourages further spam.

Hello @wallmeerkat

The best way forward is to speak with our Live Chat through this link and we will look into these spam messages for you. 

Louise

suresignaluser
I've just had the same problem.

Robo-call from a company named "Colmex Pro" that was immediately followed up with a text message with that as the name of the sender (i.e. there's no phone number to report to SPAM).

Message is:Click here to activate your risk-free trading account @ pressforprofit.co/clmx/?id=xxxxxx
[I've replaced the numbers at the end with the"x" character]

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @suresignaluser

You can always check out what to do with nuisance messages here.

Keep us updated if they send you another message after you follow the link I've posted.