Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spend Limit

laup1234
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have £45 credit on PAYG yet when i go to spend it online with payforit or playtika it says reached monthly spend limit but not used it all this month? customer care  were of no help what so ever and live chat just told me to go back to custmer care.

whats going on please?

14 REPLIES 14

dscott2701
9: Established

There is a spend limit on charge to mobile on pay monthly. I would be surprised if there is one on pay and go as the limit should really be what credit you have on the phone. I would wait a day or two for the forum moderators to pick up your thread and as they are employed by Vodafone I'm sure that they can give you a definite answer and offer assistance if anything is wrong. They are a fantastic bunch of people that know there stuff so I'm sure that they can find a answer for you.

Kind regards

Daniel

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as I can see in Charge-to-Bill for Payg the terms are "If you’re a Pay as you go customer, you can only make purchases using your available credit. You can top up to make sure your balance covers your purchases."

The limit seems to be for Pay Monthly Contracts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I wonder if http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/data-charges/payment-services-regulation-2017/index.htm has any bearing? It must limit the PAYG option, in a way that hasn't applied before, but hardly amounts to a zero monthly allowance!

Who on earth are Vodafone's contemporaries?

i just do not get it, i ahve the credit there and not spent naything this month at all with it via payforit or playtika yet says reached max spend limit and when i spoek ti customer care they didnt even really understand the issue.  

if i could get the credit back and go to o2 i would right now but tahts not an option either as cannot credit back, come on vodafone help me out here as its 45 quid wasted which i am not happy about.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

could it be a matter of how a "month" is counted? A bundle-month rather than a calendar month?

I'm sure one of the forum team will be along to help further.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@laup1234 We'd like to take a closer look into your account to see why this may be happening.

As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned there should be no limit placed on your credit with you being a Pay as you go customer, however I've asked for confirmation on if the Payment Services Regulation will affect this.

Is the transaction you're trying to make under £30?

hi and thank you, no not over 30 pounds and still saying today reached monthly spend limit.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @laup1234 - we've received confirmation that there is a limit when using Payforit and this is at £30 per transaction.

As you've mentioned you're looking to spend less than this, we'll need to take a closer look at your account to see why you're receiving these messages - so we can do this, please follow the details in the private message I've sent to you and we'll be in touch.

i'm currently having the same issue, could you help please if possible?