Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Port - Please Help

braidman
1: Seeker

transferred from o2 to vodafone and brought my number with me. I can send and recieve texts and make outgoing calls but any incoming calls are met with a dead line - ironically incoming phone calls to this number can still be recieved on my o2 sim card.

despite numerous online requests and phoning 191 I still cannot recieve incoming calls over two weeks since transferring the number-very poor service

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @braidman

I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Team here will see what they can do for you but as I understand your post customer services have already escalated this to the Vodafone Porting Teams. 

Can you try turning off the phone and eject the sim and put back in and boot up. 

Sometimes choosing another network manually in the phone and then re Choose Vodafone can help. 

Other than that its a matter of the Porting In Teams doing their bit. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@braidman

Could you clarify, please - can you receive incoming texts from all networks, or is it just from Vodafone accounts and also Vodafone service numbers, eg to acknowledge a top-up or confirm a Bundle?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You've hit the nail on the head, problem wise, in your title.

You need to call customer care and ask to speak to the porting team.

They'll have seen this scenario before (the EXACT same thing happened to me when I ported back in).

The porting team were able to fix and at the point they do, your old SIM will go dead and everything will be routed to your Vodafone sim as it should.

Annie_N

I should have explained that my query arose from something odd which seems to have happened with a few new PAYG accounts. I wondered if that was complicating the porting process.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@braidman So we can access your account and investigate in more depth, please check your private message inbox with instructions on how to get in touch with our dedicated team.