Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Porting Issue

j0nezjm012019uk
4: Newbie

I have just moved from EE to Vodafone and ported my number across today. I have had an email to confirm that the port has been successfully completed.  I can make calls and send texts to any network but I can't receive calls from anyone on the EE network after switching from EE.  My phone never rings anyone calling from this network, the call goes straight to my old ee voicemail.

ive rebooted the phone, taken out the sim and put it back in again as advised after calling customer service but no help.

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ideally the port does complete on the date given by Vodafone but going on experience I have seen that it can indeed mostly complete on the date given, but then very occasionally can take a day or two to settle for some which is why I mentioned that to wait as a personal troubleshooting tip.

What we see is that most porting in issues do resolve but those that don't need the intervention of the specific porting in teams as this is beyond the capabilities of the frontline agents a person speaks to via 191 or Live Chat.

If you search for 'Split Port' on the forum you'll see all the posts from people that have been affected by this and the advice given to them via members and the Social Media Teams.

I hope this resolves asap for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sort the port had just completed it may take a day to fully settle @j0nezjm012019uk

If it is a split port then ask Vodafone customer service on 191 to escalate this to the porting in teams to be looked at.

Or wait until the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread.

It might be faster asking an agent on 191 to do this..

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for your reply.

I find it abit strange why i have received an email to say that the port was successfully completed but have to wait 24hours for it to fully settle.  This isnt mentioned anywhere on the support pages.

I have contacted 191 again and still going round in circles.  The agents tried their best over the phone but still unable to resolve the issue.  They even put me through to the wrong options which I kept going round in circles.

Ideally the port does complete on the date given by Vodafone but going on experience I have seen that it can indeed mostly complete on the date given, but then very occasionally can take a day or two to settle for some which is why I mentioned that to wait as a personal troubleshooting tip.

What we see is that most porting in issues do resolve but those that don't need the intervention of the specific porting in teams as this is beyond the capabilities of the frontline agents a person speaks to via 191 or Live Chat.

If you search for 'Split Port' on the forum you'll see all the posts from people that have been affected by this and the advice given to them via members and the Social Media Teams.

I hope this resolves asap for you.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I have checked my phone this morning and it appears to be all working as it should.  Outgoing and Incoming calls & text are all working from non vodafone networks successfully.

Thanks again

spider2418
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi  sorry you have the same trouble as me  my isue  as been going on now for 168 hours  its been a week now and its still not sorted  i ring up every day  if you find  out to sort this mater out please text me 

this dose not happen as i am still waiting 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spider2418 - I’m sorry to hear how long the porting issues been ongoing for. We can look at what’s happening and help to get it resolved. Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

I signed up to a new Vodafone contract a couple weeks ago now, and requested as many do that my number be ported from my existing network three  over to Vodafone.

Can somebody help?  

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there @Sanders It's great to have you onboard! If you're concerned that the number transfer hasn't gone through, please drop us a message on social media so that we check your account for you. Make sure to include your mobile/account number and a link back to this forum thread and your forum username to save you repeating yourself.