Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Struck with an unusable number

rokinnish
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It all started when I ported into Voda almost 2 months ago. 

Ever since I ported, I was unable to top up the phone. Around 20 techs tried their best to solve this (sim swap, account reset etc. Nothing worked), but never were successful. 

Fnally they asked me to port out of Vodafone and then come back. (go to another network and again port from that network and come to Voda)

I got a PAC code and went to another network, and Surprise!

The porting does not work, Vodafone doesnt release the number!

I am now struck with a phone that I cant use!

Dear Voda, if you cant fix it, atleast let me go. Please fix this. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @rokinnish

This sounds like it's going to need a member of the porting team that's knowledgeable enough to be able to remedy this. 

The Customer Services teams you've spoken to should have escalated thus to them which I must assume they have. 

Perhaps let the Customer Support Team here catch up with your post and I'm sure they'll help you with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @bandofbrothers. 

I think the customer care team ultimately gave up after trying to sort this out for 2 months. 

That is when they suggested a port-out-port-in. 

Hopefully someone comes to my rescue here. 

I have been using this number for some time now and don't want to lose it. This gives me patience to hold on :Smiling:

How do I give my details?

AnnS

Hi @rokinnish

Not quite sure the reason for Vodafone being unable to provide the correct support for your topping up problem.  They should have gone through all the ways to top up your phone and should have been more than capable of solving the issue.  It unbelievable that the advise was to leave the network and go to an alternative provider.

As far as your porting issue is concerned with you no longer being a Vodafone customer, you are going to need to ask your new provider to raise this for you on your behalf with Vodafone. They will be able to check that all the porting files were correct.

It may be worth mentioning that numbers do not port over a weekend on any network and an action would not be taken until Monday. 

@Anns ! Thanks.

Yes, It is unbelivable that they could not resolve the issue for 2 months. They did not actually ask me to leave the network- they said- port out and port in back. 

@Anns, I am still in Vodafone network (with an account incapable of being topped up) . I have still not ported to other network. 

AnnS

Hi @rokinnish

Wait for the Team here to get to your thread, at least by coming to the forum, you will have found the best place to get this solved.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rokinnish

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team so we can help get this sorted. 

Update

----------

I got a call from Voda Executive yesterday. He said my account looks all good. So he will get in touch with porting team and check if there are any issues. 

Today

-------

I got a message from the other network provider that the number has been ported to them. However, more strange surprises were on the way. 

1. Both Voda sim & New Network sim were active. (ideally Voda sim should have stopped working)

2. I tried calling "out" from Voda SIM - works fine. (So it hasnt been ported afterall) 

3. I tried calling my number. Voda SIM takes the call.  - 

4. I send SMS to my number - Voda SIM got the SMS - So nothing changed. I am still in Vodafone. 

Now I got curious about the message I got on the other network sim. So I tried calling from that number to another phone and to my horror, it had the same number which was in Vodafone!!!!

I have 2 SIMs now - Vodafone and Other Netwrk. If I call out from both, others see the same number!

Voda SIM - No change. Can call out, Can call in, recieve SMS. 

Other SIM - Can call out (same number as above), cannot recieve call, cannot recieve SMS. 

How is this even possible?

PLease help

SOLVED!!

-------------

The number is fully ported now. Vodafone sim is inactive. 

Thank you all for saving the day!

Cheers!