cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suspect SMS message about un-used Rewards points Scam?

Dub
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just got a text Apparently from Vodafone (27822)  which includes a link to (via Bitly! - strange, I thought) www.vodafone.uk/  - suggesting I had expiring Rewardz points -I suppose Vodagone knows of this scam (which, I can only think was generated by some 3rd party who is able to grab vodafone customer's details).

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dub

If the short code SMS number was 27822, it will be a genuine Vodafone text to advise you that you have expiring rewards and need to cash them in. The text is not a scam.  Please see the link below.

How do I redeem my Rewards points and claim my reward?

If you have any enquiries about your Rewards, live chat will be able to clarify the points with you.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Dub

The validity of Rewards Points is being reduced from 2 years to 1 year, and the annual review date is being changed from end December to end August. You should have had an earlier SMS message about this change, although mine was bland in the extreme! However, as far as I'm aware, all my Points are less than 1 year old, so there was no need for my message to mention early expiry.

What I'm not sure of is the exact date on which older Points are actually going to be removed, but unless you have been given some other date, you'd do well to assume that it will be 1 September, and that you should use your expiring points by 31 August. On the showing of previous expiry rounds, your message should also have informed you of the number of points in question.

Unfortunately the Support section re Rewards hasn't been updated to reflect the changes, so that doesn't help us much!

I assumed I'd deleted it, but I find I still have my SMS from late July: "From Vodafone: We just wanted to let you know about some changes to Rewards from 1 September. We'll be adding new Rewards to our catalogue and changing the points needed to redeem some of our existing ones. Any points you collect will now be valid for 12 months. Visit www.vodafone.co.uk/Rewards to see more about rewards and terms"  Well, as I mentioned above, it doesn't really say much, and the link is to the current Rewards page.