Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mike4G
2: Seeker

For those about to give up on receiving 4G on PAYG my advice is to stick with it, have technical complete a reset of youe SIM, it worked for me, thanks to all involved

Cheers

Mike

10 REPLIES 10

Simmo84

Hi 

was very interested to read this thread. Have been on Vodafone PAYG about 7 weeks now and still working on 3G.

customer services unable to advise why I cannot get 4G on my iPhone SE - despite 4G being turned on in mobile data. 

What did you have to ask them to do to get your 4G working? 

Hi, it would seem that some PAYG sims do not sinc with 4G on initial set up, the remedy for me and it would seem for others, is for technical to disconnect your sim from the network and reconnect.

Until contact was made with my Aviator my case was not escalated, this prompted a "case number"  to be issued which from then on led to the events described above.

Like you, it would seem,  the path to solution was frustrating, it is not for me to speculate why this is, only to be grateful when resolved.

Hope this helps in your connection to 4G

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike. 

I have been on the online chat with an Advisor tonight, usual frustrating path of checking my postcode and APN settings. I know the postcode is not an issue as my wife has a Vodafone Pay Monthly contract and her phone has functioning 4G.

Advisor agreed to send a blank SIM to to a SIM swap but then charged me for it in error - just had another 10 minutes on chat getting the £2.50 back. No quibble to be fair the credit was put straight back on but yet more of my time wasted. 

Getting more annoyed with Vodafone and hoping that someone on this chat picks up my case. It seems to be the only way to get resolution. 

Otherwise out of sheer frustration the next conversation may be to get a PAC code!

Thanks again for your help :Smiling: 

Sorry to hear you have the same treatment, I will be surprised if the sim swop works I went through all of that,  there are two layers of "technical" having reached the second layer I was told there was a "glitch" and it would be sorted in a day or two, needless to say until I started kicking up a fuss on these pages nothing happened.

I had no other option but to persist as the EE transmitter I was on was going off line so no other service where I live

Try to have your case escalated on these pages by the person I think is called the aviator that helps with your posts, that seems the only solution.

Hope it works out

Let’s see how the SIM Swap goes on - like you I’m skeptical. 

Just seems odd that these are apparently not isolated issues and yet Vodafone does not apparently have any process in place to route affected customers swiftly to the correct help. 

Right... blank SIM came in post today. 

SIM swap process followed and has now completed... everything working... EXCEPT 4G!!!

So it has not solved the issue. 

Online with chat now - have asked them directly to disconnect and reconnect my line.

Let's see what happens. But I am very cheesed off with Vodafone right now. 

Hi, thought the new SIM was the same road as I went down to no avail, until you can obtain a case number via a private message I doubt you will be granted a discussion with the true technical staff.

Have you made contact with the person who is your moderator, their intial is usually at the top of the banner second icon in, they take your case further so you can obtain a case number and after, as above, a one to one with the real movers and shakers.

I have my own theory why the PAYG SIMS do not connect to 4G without intervention, but will not voice that as my service is fantastic now all the hurdles have been taken, so do not want to risk any more "problems"

Persistence apparently pays... 

Long story short, first agent escalated and second agent eventually agreed to disconnect and reconnect my line and this seems to have done the trick - the magic 4G symbol has now appeared on my handset!

Waiting for my services and extras to be reinstated along with my credit, then I will be a happy bunny again. 

Great news