Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text and Web freebee

woodstockthree
4: Newbie
Hi - can someone answer my question below? The staff on Facebook keep trying to refer me to live chat and I have "experienced" that before. I don't need anyone to refer to my account - it has been corrected, compensated and a fault raised (allegedly). But I think the person I spoke to has given me incorrect information and so I am trying to get clarification. Copied and pasted post shown below:

Hello. I have a question. I have the text and Web freebee with 500mb data and so many texts as long as I top up at least £10 within that 30 days. I have had occasions where the bundle has not rolled over although I have complied by topping up the required amount and each time I have phoned and got the bundle reactivated and a promise that it will be investigated and it won't happen again.

It has happened again this month and I have had to wait up after a 12 hour night shift to wait for you to open at 0800 to phone and sort it out. The gentleman I spoke to has refunded the credit I wouldn't have used if it had been in place as well as extra data and texts - thanks for this. He has also raised it as a fault to find out why it keeps happening and apparently it won't happen again - we will see.

However he said that I have to top up when I get the text that the bundle is about to expire and that credit added during the month does not count. I do not feel this is correct as I know some months I have topped up £10 during the month and it has rolled over, also some months I have topped up £10 for two or more weeks and this has resulted in the additional texts for topping up an increased amount. In fact when the last bundle expired, I actually did what he said, ie i got the text saying the bundle would expire, I topped up the day before it expired, but it didn't roll over. A subsequent top up of £10 I made the following week did not reactivate it either. It was only during my night shift at about 0300 today that I checked my balance and realised the total was lower than it should be and that there were no data/texts remaining.

It is not always convenient for me to top up on a specific day due to my shifts and as I said, this has never been the case before, and credit added during the month has counted towards ensuring the bundle rolls over as it should do.

Please don't suggest a contract - I had one with you many years ago and it was a nightmare and reading the posts here, things have not improved. However I would be grateful if someone could clarify the conditions regarding when to top up and by how much as I don't think I have been given the correct advice. I have used this bundle for many years and have always been able to top up when I need to and have the bundle roll over as planned (except for a few occasions every so often where it appears to fail and I have to ring you).

I look forward to your reply. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@woodstockthree You're right, you haven't got a Big Value Bundle! You have a Text and Web Freebee, which is now discontinued for new opt-ins, but continues to be available provided you don't opt out of it.

I also have had one for some long time, and it has been running fine, although I'm aware that a number of customers have the same problem as you describe.

There is no requirement at all to wait for the renewal reminder before topping up. I usually top up a day or two after the new one has activated, so that I don't forget to do it, and that always seems to have worked without problem.

However, I now have an odd occurrence. About half way through my last T&WF I topped up my account by £5 using PayPal, to discover how that worked.

Almost immediately I had a text informing me that my T&WF had started, and would be valid for 30 days, but there was no change to the expiry date showing on my account of the MyVodafone, and it expired on schedule. I hadn't actually topped up by £10 during the 30 days, so it didn't renew. But I did top up by £10 yesterday, and it hasn't renewed. Also, I see that mention of it has disappeared from my online account, where it used to show the date in 2013 when I last opted in.

So I rather fear that the inappropriate text following my £5 topup was actually an opt-out of some sort! When I have a long enough window of opportunity, I'll be contacting Live Chat for help in kick-starting it again. Fingers crossed!

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

Annie_N

@Colleen

I think we may be getting rather at cross-purposes: @woodstockthree was just assuring me that he wasn't going to try anything reckless like opting out of his Text & Web Freebee, rather than assuring you that his problem was fixed! So he definitely still needs his account looked at, to ensure that his Freebee will renew automatically, without needing intervention by CS every month.

woodstockthree
Thanks Colleen

@woodstockthree Not a problem. If you need any further help in the future, please let us know :Smiling: 

woodstockthree
Cool I'll wait to hear from you... this is driving me mad every month- even if it does renew you have to worry and make sure it renews

woodstockthree
Oh no - sorry I did reply to individual comments, thought it would show as I was replying to those people. Annie_n is right - I still need help getting the text and Web to renew every month. I was just confirming to her that I had only opted out of the £5 per month data that I had been put onto by the adviser in South Africa when she gave me the free data as compensation.

Amanda and Collen from the tech team - this issue is still open and needs to be resolved as, as I said, it is driving me mad!

@woodstockthree Sorry for the confusion. 

We'll reply to your email as soon as possible, with further help :Smiling:

Hi tech team

Is there any update on this issue? I haven't heard any more and my allowance is due to renew next week.   I really don't want to do battle with South Africa again and I'm unsure whether to top up as usual (although I don't technically need to as my balance is ok and I have topped up already this month) or to buy the voucher as South Africa said, and keep it until the day it is due to renew - which I don't really want to do if my balance is ok.   I'm on nights and currently at work and so wont be awake until later in the day so if someone can reply here that would be great.   

Annie_N

@woodstockthree

Did you receive an acknowledgement email with a reference number? If so, I'd suggest that you reply to that or any subsequent email, saying that your problem is still unresolved. 

My personal view, if you have topped up already during the current Freebee, is that you shouldn't top up again.

I'm waiting rather nervously for the end of my current T&WF, as it is now behaving unpredictably, and my last top up produced a nonsensical "your Freebee is ready to go" text. But I don't have the complication of working nights to contend with.

Annie_N

@woodstockthree I've been struggling to read the whole of this thread - some of it is jumping all over my screen - but did you get a reference number back when you submitted your form in response to Amanda's PM last month? I assumed from Colleen's last message that she could see an email from you, but I'm now wondering if that was the case. If you didn't get a reference number, I think you'll need to submit the form again, then post the reference number here, to speed matters up.

Hi Annie_n

The forum seems to have changed since I started this and so the posts are in a different order - and I think I preferred the old layout.  Also before, I used to get an email saying someone has posted on this thread but I didn't this time - I've only looked now because I thought it strange noone had replied.   The tech team said to email them via the link, which I did, twice.  I posted on here that I did it and the tech team said thanks and I've heard nothing since.  I'm getting to the point of looking elsewhere because they obviously want people off this plan and they haven't replied, and I'm the one chasing them?!