Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The puk or pak code to change to a better provider

Tjj1979
3: Seeker
I have wasted more time on these boards over the years and problems are never ending to the point I despise your customer service to loyal customers. You have now added the content control bar back on my account which has prevented me from using a much needed website connected to my job which I have been using ok until now. I have been on this same phone number for 2 years and could access this site until recently. I have had non stop problems using my number on your network which came with a new phone two years ago. Although I have stupidly been a loyal customer for over 15 years. YOUR NETWORK IS A JOKE! I would like you to give me the code to change to another service provider suggested by a friend because I simply cannot take anymore problems, you have cost me too much money, time, and stress wihile using your service which has gone dramatically downhill and I'm sure it will continue to do so. You couldn't care less about your customers that much as been clear. Thank-you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Tjj1979

I'm a bit puzzled that you aren't getting through to Live Help from your iPad, as I can certainly do so from my (android) smartphone, provided I've got either a reasonable 3G connection or else a wifi connection.

It is "chatting" by typing, not by speech, in case I've misunderstood, and you were seeing that as an obstacle. If you go to the Contact page, then work through [Customer type], [Plan type], 'Looking for something else?' and 'Can't find what you're looking for?', you should see the Live Help link. If it’s not available immediately, leave the page open and it should change before long.

The team that deal with PACs are only available 8am-8pm, so don't try contacting them outside those hours.

Annie.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

What you require is called a PAC CODE. This is supplied by Vodafone and you give it to your new network within 30 days of getting it from Vodafone or it expires. When your new network uses the code it effectively ends your Vodafone contract and any final bill is sent to you. Please do not cancel any direct debit set up until this happens and you get a zero bill.

If your current contract has not run full term their will be a cancellation fee. Customer services will confirm the amount which is typically the amount of months left to run times the monthly tariff amount.

Vodafone will not be able to answer Account Specific questions here on the forum.They have direct Customer Contact Telephone Lines and Online Live Chat to assist with these types of enquiries.

For Account Access and Account Enquiries please speak to Vodafone Customer Service on 191 from your mobile phone - Or use a Landline to ring them. Contract Customers : tel:03333040191 and Pay As You Go Customers : tel:03333048069

Live Chat is another avenue which is found in the 'Contact Us' Link at the foot of the forum page. Please use a Pc or Mac to use this service. You may need to leave the Live Chat page open a short time for Live Chat to initialise.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have posted in the pay & go forum did you not notice?! I am a pay & go customer I have no contract or obligation to stay with this network. I currently have a £10 bundle applied and no other CREDIT ON MY PHONE. I refuse to top up my phone which Is a requirement of Vodafone to have extra funds to contact 191 customer services. I am not wasting my money on any more top up when Vodafone are the ones at FAULT AGAIN! Thanks!

BandOfBrothers
My sincerest apologies for overlooking the board you've posted in.

I submit I'm human and made an error and supplied info you do not require.

You can use the Live Chat feature as suggested in my first reply to ask for your PAC Code.

Current Phone  >

Not a problem. It really would be brilliant to be able to contact Vodafone via chat but as you stated this is only available via pc and I use iPad I'm unable to do so.
It doesn't surprise me that This option is no longer available on the "contact us link"
Unless customers are willing to top up extra money the one and only option is this forum which from too many previous experiences will take days or possibly even weeks to get resolve to important issues.
Sorry but I WASTED far too much money & time trying to get hold of customer services.
I would be quite happy to see Vodafone go bust to be honest...it's not the same company as it was years ago they are another company trading under the same name hats all but this company couldn't give a damn about customers just there to earn lots of money by giving a terrible service. This is what happens when a UK company sells to foreign folk!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As you don't want to top up to call 191 and due to not having a PC can't use LiveChat, you will need to pop into your local Vodafone store.  They should have a courtesy phone you can use to call customer services to get your PAC.

PWIAC

Annie_N

@Tjj1979

I'm a bit puzzled that you aren't getting through to Live Help from your iPad, as I can certainly do so from my (android) smartphone, provided I've got either a reasonable 3G connection or else a wifi connection.

It is "chatting" by typing, not by speech, in case I've misunderstood, and you were seeing that as an obstacle. If you go to the Contact page, then work through [Customer type], [Plan type], 'Looking for something else?' and 'Can't find what you're looking for?', you should see the Live Help link. If it’s not available immediately, leave the page open and it should change before long.

The team that deal with PACs are only available 8am-8pm, so don't try contacting them outside those hours.

Annie.

BandOfBrothers
If using safari on an iPad it directs towards the mobile site of sites typically.

If you use the Request Desktop Site via the Url address bar and pull down it may work or use Google Chrome again requesting the Desktop site.

Also ensure pop up blocker is not toggled on in Settings-Safari

Current Phone  >

I suspect Live Chat won't work on an iPad because it is built on Flash... iOS doesn't support Flash while Android does.  Just in case this helps any...  :Smiling:

Tjj1979
Hi I found the chat link by accessing the desktop site via google. I was transferred to various technical staff and i was trying to sort this content control block that was re applied again for some unknown reason for almost 40 mins only to be told to go to my nearest Vodafone store and they will sort it out for me! The nearest store is roughly 20 miles away and is in the middle of a busy shopping mall. If its not a problem with this nokia Lumia 520 phone then its something wrong with the network or sim card again. 9 special trips I've made to this Vodafone shop over the last two years I've had the phone! I swear this phone was designed purposely to match the "always faulty Vodafone network" Its brilliant I'm having so much fun :))