Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top Up Card

gaz83
4: Newbie

Hi I got a new top up card today and range 2345 to link it and follow the instructions, but I couldn't hear any options to link a new card could someone help out please

Its ok now i figured it out :smileyhappy:

12 REPLIES 12

chrystaal
1: Seeker

im having the same issue , how do you register your top up card?

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@chrystaal wrote:

im having the same issue , how do you register your top up card?

If you call 2345, you'll be told your current allowances and credit balance. Then take option 2 to continue, option 1 to top up, and option 3 to link a swipe card.

There are lots of options within 2345, but the difficulty is following the correct trail for the one you want - you have to listen out very hard.

If you mean registering a credit/debit card for topping up, again it's option 2 followed by option 1, but then take option 1 again to top up using a debit or credit card. If you pay using your card, you'll then be given the opportunity to register it as your preferred method of payment.

bristolash91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i afaird vodafone stopped do top up card. it only vol - bank card now im afaird 

My mum is having difficulty with topping up her phone with the top up card she uses at the shops, i had to do it on line with my credit card, is this the norm now or should she get a new card that she can use? thank you for any info you can tell me about

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Andie-45 As far as I'm aware, you should be able to still do it the way you have been 🙂

If you'd like to view all of the different ways you can top up, please see our support page

ToniCa

In some dim and distant past the top-up cards used to expire. I've not seen any mention of this for perhaps 5 years, probably longer, but I suppose it's possible that some early ones might expire, or more likely the magnetic strip has worn out.

If it's still playing up, perhaps worth getting a replacement - I'm not sure where from, though! Perhaps a Vodafone store, perhaps a supermarket which sells a lot of different network SIM cards. Clearly people earlier in this thread had acquired top-up cards, so perhaps they could advise?

Otherwise, any shop which accepts swipe top-up cards almost certainly sells top-up vouchers. My local supermarket sells vouchers from £5 upto (I think) £50 at all its tills, including the self-service ones. I always have a top-up voucher or two in my purse for emergencies.

thank you so much for the advise - i will let my mum now and see how she gets on, this helps thank you again

thank you Alex - i will tell my mum and get her to visit a vodafone shop

ToniCa

@Alex The odd thing** about the support page you link to is that it says nothing about the top-up/swipe cards, yet the first two contributors to this thread had obtained one recently, and were struggling to link it to their phone number.

2345 does actually provide an option which is relatively simple to find, but - let's face it - 2345 is something of an acquired taste, and navigating your way around it when you're still new to the network is a major problem, unless someone provides some support - cue the support page???

** Amongst the odd things..... The USSD code method of topping up has disappeared again. It's missing from the list more often than it's there, but over a very long time it's the only method that has never let me down and it still works today. [Dial *#1345*<top-up voucher number># then hit CALL, e.g. *#1345*123456789012# ]