Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top-up a PAYG Sim

mickjaydee
1: Seeker

Hello all,  i have just bought a PAYG Sim card, for an early type android phone.

Is there a way for a VERY VERY infrequent user, to top-up and not lose the minutes/text etc... after 30 days , if i don't use the phone within 30 days. 

I can sometimes go 3 months without using the phone, to phone or text somebody.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mickjaydee

You will probably find PAYG 1 the best tariff for limited usage.  This way, you will only pay a maximum of £1.00 per day on the days you choose or find it necessary to use your phone.  There is further information for you on the link below.  You will be able to opt in by calling 41146 from your phone, by calling 2345, through your online account and the My Vodafone phone application.

PAYG 1

The only thing you need to remember is to keep the SIM active with a chargeable activity before the 180 day cut off deadline.  It is recommended to do this sooner although Vodafone should send a text reminder but this is not to be relied upon.

So, if i choose a £10 one, and i dont use the phone for say, 2 months , then the balance will still be £10 ?

AnnS

Hi @mickjaydee

The only thing you need to do is to make certain you have turned off mobile data and turn on your WiFi.  You are still using an Android phone and if your mobile data is not disabled, the phone will make an internet connection as soon as turned on.

Apart from that, credit does not expire and will remain on your account.

Thanks AnnS for the explaination

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@mickjaydee wrote:

So, if i choose a £10 one, and i dont use the phone for say, 2 months , then the balance will still be £10 ?

As long as you mean "choose a £10 topup", and you have opted in to PAYG1 before buying the top-up, you should be fine.

If you were to "choose a £10 Big Value Bundle", then the £10 would be taken to pay for the bundle, and the allowances that come with the bundle would expire after 30 days.