Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top-up vouchers

ExGlos_04
4: Newbie

On 10th July at 2.41 I went to the West Bromwich Store for a £20 top-up voucher, to be paid for with cash -  Jaskaran was the name on the voucher - and it was the usual fast and efficient transaction. While there I was told that Vodafone Stores were going cashless and next time I would need my debit card. This sounds very much to me like a backward step, cutting customer choice and possibly in future pushing us away from top-ups and towards contracts. This would be anathema to me - I much prefer to top up as I need to and not be tied to a monthly amount which I may not fully use. I much prefer to use my card only when absolutely necessary. I have been with Vodafone since about 2009 and I would really not want to be going anywhere else, although I suspect there will be similar from other providers.  

13 REPLIES 13

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Yes, indeed, though I wonder how the card-issuers would feel about that, since they all want us to go cashless asap. Stores might also be anxious about it as cash is used less - a couple of people wanting £100 cash-back when purchasing 500ml of milk might clear out even a large superstore. Though maybe the stores have a minimum spend for cash-back, to avoid being taken advantage of - it must be years since I last used it, so I'm a bit unsure now of the details..

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Never noticed a minim spend and if £50 is easily managed so would £100. Cars issuers will be happy as a card is being used for that transaction. They don’t care if you’re buying products or getting cash I don’t suppose.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw

My local store in Northumberland is already cash free.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ExGlos_04 Some of our stores have gone cashless with a trial that we've been running.

With any changes that may happen with cashless payments in store, we'll always ensure that our customers are made aware when visiting and through notices that will be in-store.

It'd be a shame to see you leave us because of this however we do appreciate any feedback that you have regarding this and will pass this on to the relevant department.

If there's anything that we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know - our team and Community are always here :Smiling: