Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top ups

Cissiebruce77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone please tell me how long top ups done through the website take to activate?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sometimes there can be a slight delay with the top up showing as well as a slight delay for allowances to show @Cissiebruce77

You may find some clarity in your online myvodafone or myvodafone app. 

I assume the funds have either been taken or the funds have been gated off by your Bank to await for Vodafone to take it. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and check. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My experience is that top-ups can take several hours to show up in the app, but that they are usually in the online account within a minute or so, and that this speed of action is matched, or even exceeded, by the balance quoted when you call 2345.

When paying by card, all that is required is that the online transaction should have been recorded as successful - it usually shows as ring-fenced within a few hours, and is deducted from the actual balance within a couple of days, but none of this affects the speed of the top-up. After all, we don't have to hang about at the supermarket till for several days while the transaction clears - the supermarket lets us take our groceries away as soon as they know that the transaction was successful.