main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay as you go

Topped up temporary sim by accident.

3: Seeker

Topped up temporary sim by accident, instead of my current number.

(In my defense the number associated with the sim in the sim settings is still the temporary one.)

Can I transfer the top up to the correct sim or will this happen automatically?

Thanks

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @smnwri

If you mean you ported over your number, and topped up the number you had before porting, this should easily be transferred to the new number.

However, PAYG credit is not transferrable, the best thing to go is to use live chat or call CS on 191, they will be able to help.

As far as the number being in the SIM settings, when you have a new online account up and running, this should change.  The My Vodafone Application will be with your previous number and will need to be changed to your new number, the best way to do this is to delete the application from the phone and the Google Play account, you will then be in a position to download a new application with the new number to the phone. 

However, to delete all the previous phone history, a factory reset can sometimes be needed.

View more options

Perhaps speak to customer services on 191 or Live Chat and they'll access your account to see if they can help. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

"If you mean you ported over your number, and topped up the number you had before porting, this should easily be transferred to the new number."

Yeah, thats it but the new number has never shown up on the sim settings, just the number that was issued with the sim.

Didnt think, just went to the sim settings to get the number to top up, assuming it was correct.

Thanks

I'll call CS.

View more options

Hi @smnwri

I am sure your problem here will be with the porting to the same SIM you had with the original number prior to porting.  From the sound of things, the fix would be a new replacement SIM for your ported number.

A SIM swap is easily done and is very straightforward in a Vodafone Store.  They will usually have the number transferred to the new SIM within half an hour and as soon as you put it in the phone should sort out the number showing up in the SIM phone settings.

I hope you manage to get the credit onto the correct SIM, if you decide to go the SIM swap to a new SIM I hope it works for you and you have the correct number on the settings. Almost forgot to mention, make sure you take some photo ID to the store a driving licence or passport is ideal.

View more options