Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer PAYG Vodafone number and credit to new PAYG Vodafone SIM

connie99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been given a present of a new phone plus PAYG1 credit.

Two questions:  

1.   Do I have to go to a Vodafone store to have my old Vodafone PAYG number transferred to the new SIM?  The nearest store is more than 50 miles away.

2.   Is it possible to have the credit on my old SIM transferred to the new one?  Vodafone website seems to say it's not possible.  None of the similar questions asked of the Community are particularly recent, and I'd like an up-to-date answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @connie99 

You can only transfer credit or a Big Value bundle when it is to the same number and when the SIM swap is done for your original number.  I am sure any credit on the new number will need to be used before the transfer or it will be lost. 

The best thing to do is to speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, providing both SIMs are registered in your name they will be able to advise further.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @connie99 

To answer your questions.

1. You will need a plain blank numberless PAYG SIM for the number transfer.  If you speak to Vodafone they may be able to send the new SIM and it will then be simple to contact Vodafone for the change.
  2. Providing it is the same number you are transferring credit to, this will automatically be done following the SIM swap.

Further information for you from the website where you will be able to find a direct link to order your new PAYG SIM : SIM Swap 

Thanks for your reply.

So, to be clear,  if I get a blank SIM, the credit from  my old SIM and also the credit from the SIM which is in the new phone , can both be transferred to the blank one along with my old number?

AnnS

Hi @connie99 

You can only transfer credit or a Big Value bundle when it is to the same number and when the SIM swap is done for your original number.  I am sure any credit on the new number will need to be used before the transfer or it will be lost. 

The best thing to do is to speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, providing both SIMs are registered in your name they will be able to advise further.

OK  -  thank you

BandOfBrothers

Hi @connie99 

1, A person can perform a sim swap as long as Vodafone send a blank sim card. Some have had issues when asking for a Payg version as they typically come already with a number assigned to it.

Here are the official faqs 》 Sim Swap Faqs. 

2, No a person cannot move Payg Credit from one Payg Account to another.

What some do is use up the Credit on the unwanted Sim card by buying things.

Charge-to-Bill. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.