main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Unable to buy a big bundle

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I’ve been trying to upgrade my pay as you go to big bundle 10 but which ever method I use (phone app, online etc) it fails as I apparently need to opt out of something first.  Not sure what.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chnmmr 

The first thing to do is to log into your online account or your My Vodafone application, both will give the necessary information to find the tariff you are currently on and need to opt out of.

At a guess you are on PAYG 1 here:  PAYG 1 and need to opt out of this first to enable you to purchase a BVB.  If you follow this link, it will explain how this can be done:  What if I change my mind about Pay as you go 1?

When you have opted out of your present tariff, the information on BVB's can be found here: Vodafone Big Value Bundles

If you have any problems, live chat or Customer Services are there to help.

View more options

Hello.  I am on pay as you go simply.

View more options

If this was my situation I'd use Live Chat or support on 191 or even the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries who will get this sorted out for you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Ive been trying to solve my problem via the social media team but apparently ‘we try to reply with an hour’ means once every 24 hours and I’m getting nowhere.  Never experienced a situation like this where I’m struggling to give a company money.  I am losing my patience here.

View more options

Hi @Chnmmr 

You should have received a reply by now.

This has been puzzling me, can't think what you need to opt out off when you are not really opted into anything. 

Vodafone never make it easy, but a suggestion, try calling 41146, logging into your online account, or using the application on the phone, this should enable you to opt into one of the other PAYG tariffs.

I hope you are able to get this solved, Vodafone take the credit and apply the bundle at midnight, it would be nice if Vodafone were able to get the BVB added ready for your use tomorrow.

View more options

48 hours now and no response from a supposed 'response in 1 hour' chat.

View more options