Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to receive calls when switching from EE

Roanne88
1: Seeker

It's been almost 2 weeks since I switched from EE and brought my number with me on PAYG.

At first I could receive/make calls and texts but after a couple of days I could no longer receive calls, the message 'this number is not in service' is all I get each time I dial my number.

I've tried calling from various phones and get the same response each time. Ive contacted customer services countless times and on each call I am fobbed off.

The first few times i was told there was still a block from the switch over and would take up to 24hrs, since then I have been told there is a technical error which has been escalated with the tech team which can take up to 3 days. Suprise suprise, after 3 days still no improvement!

I've called again and been have been told they are still looking into it and to be patient ad they are doing all they can. I suggested would replacing the Sim card solve the issue and was told this would work, why had no one suggested this to me??! I am yet to purchase a new Sim card but do wonder if this will even work, not the best impression as a new Vodafone customer to say the least.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Roanne88

This sounds like a Split Port which is where not all the files have fully settled. 

Performing a SIM Swap at a Vodafone Store is an option which is at no cost to you so no need to purchase a SIM. This has to be actioned on a blank sim card only available at the Vodafone Store. 

That said if its a Split Port then a SIM Swap wont probably help. 

This needs to be escalated to the Porting Teams via Customer Services. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team here might be able to assist once they catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Roanne88 I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.
We'd love to take a closer look into what's happening. So we can, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.