cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to request a Network Unlock Code on Pay As You Go?

meteormage
1: Seeker

I recently bought a new LG K4 phone which is locked to Vodafone. I would like to switch to another network. Upon attempting to complete the online form to request a Network Unlock Code, I am unable to proceed further as the page states that only Pay Monthly customers can request a NUC. The phone in question is on Pay as you Go. Is this correct? Why can I not request a NUC on Pay as you Go?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @meteormage

You’ll be able to request a free Nuc Unlocking Code once you’ve used a Vodafone Payg SIM card in the phone making calls, sending texts etc for a minimum of 30 days.

The form and information on this is in > How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@meteormage

I have complained about that form - the information that you need to be Pay Monthly is nonsense, all you have to do is make regular use of the phone with a PAYG SIM for 30 days. In fact, you can use the form, but they still haven't changed the wording for the final tick box - as long as you've been able to tick the first 4 boxes, just go ahead and tick the final one.

Sorry, I hate having to advise people to lie - it subverts all reasonable business practice - but at present there doesn't seem to be any truthful way for PAYG customers to get their NUC code.