Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to top up

raynaputi
3: Seeker

Hi, 

HELP!!! For the past 3 days, I've been trying to top up but I can't seem to get through. I tried topping up using the Vodafone app but after clicking Paypal as payment option, it just goes on a blank page. Next I tried paying using my card and the same thing happened. Then I tried topping up using my laptop and after entering my card details and clicking continue, it gave me the error "We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later." and nothing else. Not even telling me what the error is. Is there any system downtime??? My phone credits would run out in a couple of days.

4 REPLIES 4

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@raynaputi

There has certainly been some work going on behind the scenes in the past few days - I couldn't log in to any of the PAYG accounts which I look after, but for me the problem seems to have cleared as from this morning.

Trying too often to top up can create short-term problems of its own, so you might do best to use a different route this time - either using a top-up voucher bought at a supermarket or convenience store, or, if your bank offers the service, using the top-up facility at various ATMs.

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @raynaputi the most reliable way to top up via debit or credit card is by using the self serve option over the phone by calling 2345 free from a Vodafone PAYG or PAYM device.

When calling from a device other than the one you want to top up you will need to confirm the mobile number and 4-digit top up PIN before proceeding. :Smiling:

raynaputi

Hi,

Thanks both for the replies. I managed to chat to cusomer service online and he just redirected me to this link http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/existing-customers/topping-up/index.htm which surprisingly worked. It was weird though coz if I used the top up options from my online account or my app, it wasn't working for both. Anyway, problem solved. :Thumbs_Up::Thumbs_Up:

Annie_N

I'm glad that's sorted for you. I'd guess that the problem you experienced had something to do with the work they were doing on the online accounts part of the website. Sometimes the routes that don't involve your account can work more smoothly - they deal with the transaction, then report to the account that they've done it, and that bypasses the area where the difficulty is. In the past, when even 2345 was experiencing problems, I found that the direct way of entering a voucher number still worked - dial *#1345*<top up voucher number># then hit SEND, e.g. *#1345*123456789012# - famous last words, but it never once failed me!