cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent complaint --- Vodafone is stealing / not returning my money!

Changg
4: Newbie

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to make an urgent complaint --- Vodafone customer service is stealing / not returning my money!

I am Vodafone customer of more than 10 years and have £50.05 in my account. I started working abroad in East Asia at the beginning of November 2016. I have tried using my PAYG sim many times since then, but it never worked.  On 20 February, customer representative “Eric” confirmed “PAYG sim can NOT be used in these countries East Asia” and advised me to request a refund from your refund team.

So I contacted refund team immediately who confirmed you would process full refund asap. However as I did not receive it at all I kept in touch with vodafone customer service, who asked me to wait for the process.

However today, one advisor name “sousa” said your refund team rejected to refund and claimed it was because my last topup of £10 was not from my bank account, which equals stealing money from customer! Therefore I must make an Urgent complaint here ---

I have this accumulated credit for a long time, which had been from my finance for sure. It does include last topup of £10 which was a refund from my complaint on receving wrong product in store in June 2016. However all money including £10 is from my account, which therefore belongs to me.

I have to point out you cannot take a customer’s money in this stealing way, this is against law. Also this latest customer service representative “sousa” who gave me this irresponsible / unprofessional answer has been most impolite and in answering my calls, who even refused to give her name!

I am very unhappy with this bad quality customer service: after having contacted Vodafone for more than 15 times since February, my issue is still unresolved and most recent advisor’s response is against law. I will have to consider legal solutions if Vodafone do not resolve my complaint / return my money properly as soon as possible.

As my sim receives no signal, please call me back at numbers attached.

21 REPLIES 21

Changg

My contact details

[Attachment removed by moderator]

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

If you wish to make a complaint then Vodafone has a Code of practice. 

Link > Vodafone Code-of-practice.

The Vodafone Team team here also maybe able to help and guide you. It can take a short while for them to catch up to your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I made another topup by UK bank card to make sure sim is still active, but it is really worrying as I am working for a voluntary organisation now and I am going to stay in the region for another 12 months. I can not keep topping up without being able to use my phone and not being returned any of my credit which will definitely be lost after 12 months.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg

We can't guarantee you'll be able to use Pay as you go services abroad, therefore we wouldn't refund any available credit. 

This information can be found in our Pay as you go Ts&Cs.

Changg
Dear everyone, Could you help me urgently here PLEASE --- I contacted vodafone today regarding same issue, but they told me "Balance is £5.05 now"!!! I have £50.05 since Nov 2016 when I arrived abroad unable to receive any signals, and was confirmed of this amount in all previous contacts. I topped up £5 on 15 March to keep sim active, now should have £55.05 in balance. Now only £5.05, so Vodafone has stolen my money of £50 already!!!!

Dear everyone, Could you help me urgently here PLEASE --- I contacted vodafone today regarding same issue, but they told me "Balance is £5.05 now"!!! I have had £50.05 since Nov 2016 when I arrived abroad and been unable to receive any signals. I was confirmed of this amount in all previous contacts. I topped up £5 on 15th March 2017 to keep sim active, now should have £55.05 in balance. Now vodafone tole me balance is only £5.05, so Vodafone has stolen my money of £50 already!!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg So we can take a closer look into what's happened, please speak with us on Live Chat.

I made calls today inquiring about the missing 50 pounds, no advisor could even tell me!!! Below I attach all the calls I have made since 20 Feb 2017, everyone will see how terrible it was --- My vodafone sim receives NO signal, all the calls were made by Skype! The longest record is one advisor asked me to wait for 1 hour and 23 min on the phone, then told me to visit vodafone store myself! Obviously she knew I am not even in countries with vodafone signal!

27 Feb 2017, then many many times on 15 March 2017, when I still have not recieved refund, and I had to top up again.