cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent complaint --- Vodafone is stealing / not returning my money!

Changg
4: Newbie

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to make an urgent complaint --- Vodafone customer service is stealing / not returning my money!

I am Vodafone customer of more than 10 years and have £50.05 in my account. I started working abroad in East Asia at the beginning of November 2016. I have tried using my PAYG sim many times since then, but it never worked.  On 20 February, customer representative “Eric” confirmed “PAYG sim can NOT be used in these countries East Asia” and advised me to request a refund from your refund team.

So I contacted refund team immediately who confirmed you would process full refund asap. However as I did not receive it at all I kept in touch with vodafone customer service, who asked me to wait for the process.

However today, one advisor name “sousa” said your refund team rejected to refund and claimed it was because my last topup of £10 was not from my bank account, which equals stealing money from customer! Therefore I must make an Urgent complaint here ---

I have this accumulated credit for a long time, which had been from my finance for sure. It does include last topup of £10 which was a refund from my complaint on receving wrong product in store in June 2016. However all money including £10 is from my account, which therefore belongs to me.

I have to point out you cannot take a customer’s money in this stealing way, this is against law. Also this latest customer service representative “sousa” who gave me this irresponsible / unprofessional answer has been most impolite and in answering my calls, who even refused to give her name!

I am very unhappy with this bad quality customer service: after having contacted Vodafone for more than 15 times since February, my issue is still unresolved and most recent advisor’s response is against law. I will have to consider legal solutions if Vodafone do not resolve my complaint / return my money properly as soon as possible.

As my sim receives no signal, please call me back at numbers attached.

21 REPLIES 21

15 March 2017.

Sometimes Skype has a bad line, I had to call even more times, but the worse thing is --- Where is my 50 pounds!!!

Calls were made continunously since mid last week, could vodafone return my money please!!!

Calls on 15 March 2017.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg

Have you spoken to our Live Chat team about this as suggested by @Tash

They'll be happy to look into this for you.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi guys,

The original poster has advised they are abroad hence the problem. Are you guys now saying that Live Chat will work from overseas as lots of posts on this forum seem to indicate it won't. 

Just if that is the case and live chat still doesn't work overseas then your replies read like you're fobbing off the author. There have been many replies over several days and it's clear there's distress here and dis-satisfaction with the service they have recieved so far from Vodafone so surely your own complaints process would indicate that it would be appropriate to pick this up and own for the customer rather than direct to live chat? 

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy

We're unaware of any issues with this currently.

Providing there's an internet connection Live Chat should work. 

If there's any problems with the service, please let us know and we'll raise this.

donnyguy

Strange - wonder why so many people on the forum have advised otherwise.

But will take your word for it - might try it next time I'm in Greece :smileyhappy:

Thanks for confirming

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Becca_P

It might also be worth the Team or Customer Services explaining to this poster that topping up alone does not stop the line being disconnected.  It is still very important to make chargeable activity before the cut off deadline.

In fact, wasn't taking credit after the cut off period when customers were unable to use their handsets part of the ruling with Ofcom October last year due to Vodafone failing to credit customers accounts after they paid for top up credit.

This poster has topped up considerably and may still lose his number and credit.

No they asked me to call each time when I made inquiries.