cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using a PAYG sim in a GPRS modem. Reading encoded texts from Vodafone.

rich5563
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

To access my account online, Vodafone send a text with the code in to my number.

Thats great if I am using a phone, but I am using a GPRS modem.

The text gets to it ok, but it's encrypted so I can't read the code out.

To access my account, I have to take the sim out and put it in a phone.

Is there a way to get the access code sent to another phone?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Yes you can speak to customer service via Live Chat or 191 and can choose to have it sent to a nominated number. Which can include a landline number too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@rich5563

You need to go through the loop just once more, of putting your SIM into a phone. Once you have logged into your account, go to the personal details section, and add an alternative contact number, either another mobile number (any network) or a landline. Then, when you go to log-in in future, you will be given a choice of the account number or the alternative number for the code to be sent to. If the alternative is a landline, you get a voicetext giving you the code - weird, but it works!

OK, thanks I'll give it a shot!

It would be really nice if I could decode the text and automate the process as the SIM is in a GPRS modem connected to a computer.

Annie_N

Hi! Me again!

I think that this is the wrong board for the more "techie" problems, although TBH I'm not sure where you could best post this one, to maximise your chances of it being seen by someone who is likely to know the answer. You could try http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/bd-p/OtherOS or have a look at the front page http://forum.vodafone.co.uk and see if anywhere else seems appropriate!

Hi richardindorset,

Are you still needing assistance with this?

Kayleigh

Live Chat managed to sort it for me, thanks.

Great to hear, thankyou for letting me know. 

If you need any other assistance don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Kayleigh