Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOXI number porting issue

clhong
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I  wonder anyone with a VOXI or Vodafone PAYG could share your number porting experience? I got  my SIM on 16th, popped into the phone and initiated number porting for the next day 17th. It worked very briefly on Friday morning for a couple of hours then the service stopped.

Since Friday last week, the message displayed emergency call only, "unregistered on network", tried insert remove SIM , tried other phone all the same.

Vodafone customer rep porting team said everything was ported on Friday, there was no issue and promised a call back on Monday that didn't happen, So i ranged up Vodafone again which couldn't help so used VOXI chat, was told it will all work after 48 hour , it is now Wednesday and still not working. Can forum member help? I have had this number for 20 years and people have had trouble contacting me for over a week now and I don't want to lose this phone number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @clhong 

You are going to need to persevere here with Voxi, it's unlikely Vodafone will be able to help. Voxi are going to need to raise this with you previous provider to find the reason the porting has failed.

If the number was not working Customer Services would have been unable to call you. Try using Voxi live chat they will be able to find the progress on your porting issue.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here no longer can assist with account based issues @clhong  via the forum

However they can via Vodafone Facebook or Vodafone Twitter

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @clhong 

You are going to need to persevere here with Voxi, it's unlikely Vodafone will be able to help. Voxi are going to need to raise this with you previous provider to find the reason the porting has failed.

If the number was not working Customer Services would have been unable to call you. Try using Voxi live chat they will be able to find the progress on your porting issue.

With VOXI's very helpful staff online it is all now working fine. Bravo to the VOXI team and they have kept me up to date and informed of when things will be resolved, and in the end it is working fine.