Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone SIM card Europe to N. America

-hjk-
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good day,

I plan to purchase a VODA23 SIM card, described on amazon.ca as "OLOFrog Europe Sim Card 30 Days Europe Travel Prepaid Sim Card Data 23GB Europe and International Calling Minutes Included". I plan to instal it in my iPhone X upon arrival in Barcelona. There are conflicting answers to the following questions on the Internet and I thank you in advance for your reliable answers.

With this SIM card,
— Can I send text messages to Canadian mobile numbers? How many?
— Can I send text messages to U.S. mobile numbers? How many?
— Can I send text messages to non-UK European numbers? How many?
— Can I receive text messages from Canada, from U.S., from Europe? Do received texts count against the text message limit?
— Can I make phone calls to Canadian land lines and/or mobile numbers? At what additional cost, if any?
— Can I make phone calls to U.S. land lines and/or mobile numbers? At what additional cost, if any?
— Exactly how do I activate incoming calls service and international calling minutes when I arrive in Barcelona? To what number do I send an SMS?
Do the international calling minutes work to/from both land lines and mobile numbers?
— Is WhatsApp supported?

Thanks again for your help and patience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @-hjk- 

This is not something sold by Vodafone UK, you are probably wanting to purchase an OLOFrog SIM from Amazon Canada/US.

I suggest you take this up with the OLOFrog store, they will be able to help further.

Your alternative is to purchase a SIM when you arrive for the country you are in.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @-hjk- 

This is not something sold by Vodafone UK, you are probably wanting to purchase an OLOFrog SIM from Amazon Canada/US.

I suggest you take this up with the OLOFrog store, they will be able to help further.

Your alternative is to purchase a SIM when you arrive for the country you are in.

Thank you very much, AnnS!! I apologize to this community for my ignorance and confusion.

BandOfBrothers

No apology needed in any sense @-hjk- 

If you do opt to use a local sim card then the phone needs to be unlocked to all networks and have the correct spectrum of bands and frequencies to work on the local network.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.