cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone reset my account losing all my reward points.

BacaDOS
2: Seeker

So I've been a vodafone customer for over 10 years, I've never had too much issue other than the fact all mobile reception in my area is abysmal.

But recently I had issues with my phone, and had to reflash it (more complicated than a factory reset, but as i'm an ex phone technician, no biggie)

After booting my phone up and using it to top up, I noticed all my reward points had been removed. I had ~750 reward points. And the account acted like i only just set it up.

Like it wasnt insult enough you took £2 just because its a new phone and wasnt set up not to use data. (the only reason i needed to top up) You took all my reward points too.

Why have you removed all my reward points? Did you reset my vodafone account because you thought i had a new phone? that doesnt make sence.

Is this what I get for being a loyal customer? You're really making me consider changing network after this dirty trick.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Factory resetting or applying a Custom Rom wouldn't have any bearing on your Vodafone Account @BacaDOS

I would suggest to speak with Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat as they'll be able to access your Vodafone account and check.

If its also an error taking the £2 credit then I'd say it would be reasonable to ask them to return the credit. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If this is indeed the case, that there isnt an automated service that detected it as a new phone and resets the account, then why they reset my account is completely unfounded.

And taking money for accessing data is acceptable, apart from the fact its an unreasonable amount of money to take for using less than 100kb of data. It used to be 50p for the first 20meg or so, but I guess they needed to make more money. I couldn't even transfer that much data in a day with how bad data is in my area.

BandOfBrothers

This link @BacaDOS explains about the £2 standard charge > Vodafone costs/data-charges.

Current Phone  >

Thx for your attempt at help, but you're really hinging on the whole data thing, that was just salt in the wound considering they took all my reward points.

They allways have taken large quantities of credit for data, they just increased it x4 since last time i used it. Kindly, they only text me to let me know about the charge inrease AFTER taking the £2.

BandOfBrothers

Ok. The link was just intended to point you in the direction of the charge.  :Sad_face:

I'm sure Customer Services should be able to advise on the status of your Reward Points. 

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >

BacaDOS

Still no word from anyone from vodafone i see.

Sadly as i live in a place with no reception, calling 191 is impossible. And 'my vodafone' will not let me login, seems its forgot about my account there too (possibly related to my accounts reset).

I dont know how to access 'live chat' and am currently stuck without a way to resolve this.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@BacaDOS

If you have a landline, you can call Vodafone CS on 03333 040191 

Alternatively, you can access Live Chat via the link here.

thx

ah, livechat requires myvodafone which seems to have also been reset :Sad_face: