Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sim card stolen abroad

ppolpettini
2: Seeker
Dear Sirs, Recently my Vodafone UK sim card and my mobile was stolen and I would like to know how to get a new sim card. I am abroad (Italy) for personal reasons and I won't be back in the UK for at least a couple of months. Because I have a Pay as You Go plan, this is the only option that Vodafone UK left me inform you about the stolen sim. I would like to ask you about a replacement sim card and the de-activation of the stolen one. Best regards,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@ppolpettini

If you want the SIM card blocked, you will need to call Vodafone on the number for calling from overseas.   The number can be found on the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

If you need a replacement SIM card, this will probably have to wait until you are back in the UK.  The replacement SIM can be obtained from a Vodafone Store.  Vodafone won't be able to send a SIM card to an overseas location.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

@ppolpettini

If you want the SIM card blocked, you will need to call Vodafone on the number for calling from overseas.   The number can be found on the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

If you need a replacement SIM card, this will probably have to wait until you are back in the UK.  The replacement SIM can be obtained from a Vodafone Store.  Vodafone won't be able to send a SIM card to an overseas location.

ppolpettini
Dear AnnS
The oversea Vodafone number doesn't allow pay as you go customers
to report a stolen or lost sim abroad.

Hi

Are you trying this number ?

Payg From abroad

+44 7836 191 191
(standard call charges apply)

To Note :  Live Chat will not connect if a person is out of the U.K.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ppolpettini
Yes I am trying this number: first they asked the Vodafone number you are calling for: then after informing you that is a pay as you go they they invite you to use the web. They allow you to use the call center services (you have to pay of course) but this is just for listening regarding products and services. No direct line with an operator to report about a stolen or lost sim abroad, that's sad!!!!

Hi

I haven't ever had to use the number while abroad so I can't say for certain. 

I thought your issue had been sorted as its marked as 'Resolved'

Here are the Vodafone FAQs https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Protecting-your-device/Lost-phone/38948763/I-ve-lost-my-phone-what-sh...

Its important to make this contact to stop unauthorised use and charges being made to you. 

When you you get this sorted and you get a replacement SIM card then ensure Vodafone fully remove the account bars they place in your account so your new SIM card works. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, I opened the FAQs https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Protecting-your-dev​ice/Lost-phone/38948763/I-ve-lost-my-phone-what-s... For Pay as You Go customers the only option available whether the sim has been stolen or lost abroad is to go to a Vodafone Shop in UK and ask for a replacement, but you must go back to UK. No help or assistance is provided to customers abroad. The Vodafone web site provides no help in such issues 😞

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@ppolpettini wrote:
For Pay as You Go customers the only option available whether the sim has been stolen or lost abroad is to go to a Vodafone Shop in UK and ask for a replacement, but you must go back to UK. 

That is correct.  Even for Pay Monthly customers, SIM cards cannot be shipped abroad.  The reason PAYG customers have to go to a Vodafone store is that the SIM needs to be activated by a Vodafone staff member. 

PWIAC