Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sim toolkit

dplovesvodafone
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I like to use the Vodafone sim toolkit where you get the weather, news and what’s on tv tonight. But for the last few days it’s been saying “this service is unavailable” I’ve tried multiple SIM cards both of which have over £5 of credit I’ve also tried 2 different phones and it still says it. I really hope Vodafone hasn’t discontinued it😞

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @dplovesvodafone 

The SIM toolkit is a legacy application attached to the SIM, this did contain some useful information as well as chargeable unwanted information such as 'babe of the day' and horoscopes.

I don't know if Vodafone have taken the decision to remove the application but I can still find it in my applications but can't find anything on the phone but I have had my SIM for some time, it may be the newer SIM's come without the SIM toolkit attached.

If you are unable to access the useful information from your SIM, there will be a weather widget available, this will give you five day forecast as well as expected weather predictions on the hour.  There are also applications to download the the Play Store (if you are using Android).  If found this excellent TV Guide https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvguidemobile&hl=en_GB

They are both basic Nokia phones so no internet on them. It’s weird as, it was working fine earlier this year. When I take the sim out the toolkit disappears from the phones but when I put it in, the toolkit comes up. I’ll pop into my local Vodafone store And get them to look at it