Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone spamming

ExGlos_04
4: Newbie

Yesterday I topped up my Nokia mobile phone only to see last night a message regarding Rewards. I texted STOP to 27822 and was treated to a total of 11 messages appearing in my inbox. There is no valid reason for this happening that I can see so why does it happen in the first place?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Was all 11 incoming texts the same message ?

If so this does sound like a system glitch @ExGlos_04

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Were all incoming texts the same message? Yes they were. I have no interest in 'Rewards' so I was sending 'STOP' to 27822. There seems no reason for this barrage of texts. I see  other people have had this also.

AnnS

Hi @ExGlos_04

If you have text back STOP to the short code 27822, you will have opted out of rewards and should not receive any further SMS messages. If you still receive SMS from the number, please come back to the forum.

BandOfBrothers

That fair enough @ExGlos_04

It's all about choice and rightly so. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ExGlos_04

When the text comes from 27822, this will from Vodafone to advise you of your reward code or you have expiring  rewards and will need to cash them and claim your reward. There is further information here : What do I need to do with my Rewards points

With the messages being automated, not sure of the reason for the multiple texts but this will be something live chat or Customer Services will be able to help with.