Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail

estelle73
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My dad passed away last year and on his android nokia was his voice if you couldnt get through to his phone. His phone was pay as you go and the credit has run out. If i top up his phone again, will his voice still bethere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@estelle73 wrote:

How do I get in touch with the forum team?  It's got to be worth a try - at least then I know I've tried everything. My dad was my hero and it's hard to think it probably gone.

It's very sad @estelle73, if only it was caught earlier.  I honestly don't think there will be anything the forum ream will be able to do.  It's been a year now since the number was last used and it's going to be long long gone and impossible to locate. Even if the forum team tried to contact you, there won't even be an account to verify to pass data protection.

I really think you are going to need to let this one go, I understand just how sad it is but at least you can remember the good times you had with your Dad and he must have loved you dearly.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

As long as a payg account is used by topping up , sending a text or make a call or use data every 180 days then the account and number will remain live and everything should be still there including the voicemail personal greeting. 

Going from Bereavement-critical-illness It indicates you maybe able to transfer the number into your name although it refers to pay monthly.

Also ask specifically if changing ownership will affect voicemail.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @estelle73

You have my sympathy, fully understand the importance of not losing your late Father's voicemail greeting.

The best thing to do is to get your Father's voicemail greeting permanently saved to a file on your PC and backed up and backed up again to a memory stick.  This is easily done and you can find all the information on how this can be achieved by doing an internet search, I have just searched using the words 'record voicemail file PC' and there is plenty of advise available.

Also most phones have a recording facility, the next time you call your Father's number press the record button and you will be able to have your Father's greeting stored on your phone downloads.

However, there is no harm  topping up the phone and listening to your Father's voicemail greeting but where PAYG is concerned, you need to remember to keep the number active.  It may also be worth mentioning it wouild also depend on how long the number has been inactive before Vodafone cut off the service for non use.  Hopefully you will have caught it in time.

Thank you for your heartfelt reply. I fear it is probably too late to retrieve my dad's voice recording as th PAYG phone of his has been inactive for about a year now. Do you think Vodafone would be able to retrieve it from archives if I contacted them? I've just tried to top my dad's phone up but it just says invalid mobile network when I dial 2345. Makes me sad to think I may have lost it.

AnnS

Hi @estelle73

The forum team can always try to get the number back but when it's been a year, the number would be long gone.  I would hate to give you false hope and it's unlikely the voicemail greeting would still be on the number.

I really wish I could give you a more positive reply.

How do I get in touch with the forum team?  It's got to be worth a try - at least then I know I've tried everything. My dad was my hero and it's hard to think it probably gone.

BandOfBrothers

They'll catch up with your thread and private message you. 

The issue could be however is that you are not the account holder.

That said let them catch up.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@estelle73 wrote:

It's very sad @estelle73, if only it was caught earlier.  I honestly don't think there will be anything the forum ream will be able to do.  It's been a year now since the number was last used and it's going to be long long gone and impossible to locate. Even if the forum team tried to contact you, there won't even be an account to verify to pass data protection.

I really think you are going to need to let this one go, I understand just how sad it is but at least you can remember the good times you had with your Dad and he must have loved you dearly.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @estelle73 my deepest condolences to hear of your fathers passing, I appreciate how important it is to hold on to anything regarding them and you have every right to ask us about it. To be completely honest with you, this isn't something we're going to be able to trace as we don't save voicemail messages from that long ago, there wouldn't be any way of finding it. I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for, but I'm sure you'll remember him for his other great characteristics and memories. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm sorry @estelle73 but from what you wrote I fear the number will have been quarantined and would be supplied back out by Vodafone or another network it may have let it go to at some point in the future.

They wouldn't keep a voicemail greeting. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >