Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voxi data usage

teabag2
4: Newbie

Has anyone else noticed that when you sign in to the Voxi account online, that data usage never register's/goes down, 3 SIM's we have and they all say 8GB left out of 8GB - even though on my SIM I know I have used around 4GB so far.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I would have thought it would update at around midnight @teabag2 

Voxi customer services.shouod be able to access your account and check their end.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Voxi customer services.shouod be able to access your account and check their end.

Yeah, I will contact Voxi for an answer, was just wondering if it is also affecting others?.

The data usage used to show - untill about 6 weeks ago, now it doesn't and never shows any usage on our 3 SIM's.  Got a feeling it stopped showing usage on the day our numbers were ported over.

BandOfBrothers

@teabag2 wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Yeah, I will contact Voxi for an answer, was just wondering if it is also affecting others?.

The data usage used to show - untill about 6 weeks ago, now it doesn't and never shows any usage on our 3 SIM's.  Got a feeling it stopped showing usage on the day our numbers were ported over.

I'm on Vodafone Payg so I can't check mine unfortunately @teabag2 

Please do contact voxi customer service as they can officially advise upon accessing your account and give you official clarification.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @teabag2 

If you have 8GB, it will be a promotional plan usually 6GB. Voxi have 3 tariffs available, it might be worth checking you are on one of the latest tariffs here: Voxi

When you number ports over and the number is changed, as Voxi is a SIM only pay monthly 30 day rollover plan without any contract, your data allowance will only be pro ratered for the month you are in, that means the account will need to catch up with the change of number.  When you log on the following month, you will have a full months allowance and will be able to check your balance. 

With it having been 6 weeks you shouldn't be having problems viewing usage and the most likely reason would be the account.   If you registered an account for the number prior to porting, you would have needed to set up a new online account for the ported number, if you are logging into the previous account you would be unable to view usage for the number change.  Unfortunately, the new account would need an alternative user name, password and email address, you wouldn't be able to use any information associated with the previous account.

.It would also be worth remembering that you have endless social data and unless you access other sites, your allowance will stay the same.

@AnnS said: "If you registered an account for the number prior to porting, you would have needed to set up a new online account for the ported number, if you are logging into the previous account you would be unable to view usage for the number change.  Unfortunately, the new account would need an alternative user name, password and email address, you wouldn't be able to use any information associated with the previous account."

I'm not sure about that, but I'll ask in case, but on the day of the ports - the accounts changed to show the new ported numbers, show the correct countdown days to refresh date and getting the receipts to the correct email addresses each month.  It's just the data usage - starts with 8GB of 8GB and as month ends still showing full 8GB of 8GB left, one of the SIM's is in a teenagers phone who I know uses a lot of data with YouTube ect.

AnnS

Hi @teabag2 

Thank you for your reply.

I was replying the same way a number change and 30 day roll over plan would work with Vodafone, as Voxi is part of Vodafone I would have thought it would be the same procedure.

If you are getting close to the limit you should receive an alert and if you run out of data, unless you buy extra data you won't be able to use any more until the allowance rolled over as confirmed on this link: What happens if I run out of data on my plan?

You should be able to keep track of usage through your account and this is something where Voxi should be able to help.

Even though I have not been in touch with Voxi yet, there is some sort of update.

Just had a text:-

Hi, we're making some technical updates to our plans so to make sure you're not impacted, we've temporarily switched you over to completely unlimited data. To make sure your unlimited data is activated, just restart your device. We'll text you to let you know when everything is back to normal. Thanks, VOXI.

BandOfBrothers

That's explains alot.then @teabag2 

Unlimited data ! Nice   :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @teabag2 

That may explain the problem with the online account not updating, the issue may have also affected other customers. However, unlimited data is only temporary until everything is back to normal.