main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Voxi number porting issue

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I can make calls and texts but I can’t recieve call or texts from non-vodafone numbers

ive tried to call my number on SKY mobile, EE, giffgaff, and iD mobile but they always say number not available but when I call from a vodafone number I can recieve the call and the text

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
17: Community Champion

When was the porting undertaken @MUJ-1 

It maybe that the files haven't yet fully settled.

If a split port has occurred which is where the porting in files haven't properly settled then customer services would have to raise this with their porting in Teams.

How-do-I-get-in-touch-with-VOXI.

voxi.co.uk/contact-us.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I requested a port last Friday and they ported the number over on Monday 

ive looked at the other posts and talked to the live chat they gave a number to call I called it and requested to get transferred to the porting team they said they are going to raise a split port email with my previous provider

they said it should take 48-72 hours

View more options

Good to hear they've escalated this.

What you've been told sounds about right. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

If the issue still occurs after 72 hours should I contact ofcom?

View more options

Hi @MUJ-1 

Ofcom are the industry regulator, they won't be able to help with individual cases.  Where there is a dispute with the network, you will need the Communications Ombudsman. 

However, if you have not made every effort to resolve a complaint with Vodafone, any communication to the Ombudsman is likely to be met with go back to Vodafone.

This is a porting issue, quite simple for Vodafone/Voxi to solve, it also takes two networks for a port, it does not mean Vodafone are at fault.  Go back to Voxi tomorrow morning, they will be able to give an update.

View more options

I can get an update via the live-chat right?

View more options

@MUJ-1 wrote:

I can get an update via the live-chat right?

Yes Live Chat via the Voxi link I provided can access your account and check the status of the situation @MUJ-1 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

It’s been nearly 4 days and I still can’t recieve calls nor texts however when I do call my phone number it says

“It has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later”

What does this mean?

View more options

Have you managed to get everything up and running since you last got in touch @MUJ-1? You can also get in touch with the VOXI team via Facebook or Twitter

View more options

Everythings up and running.

it just took longer than usual

View more options

That's great news @MUJ-1 - sorry about the delay getting everything resolved! If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

View more options