Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warning for people considering Pay as you go

badpayasyougo
1: Seeker

Warning to anyone using or considering using Pay as you go with Vodafone.

If you purchase a Big Value Bundle, the following can happen and Vodafone takes zero responsbility. The end result is a huge out of pocket expense that you can't protect against unless you constantly check your data usage.

1. You have topped up your account in anticipation of using up data on your Bundle

2. You use internet on your phone - i.e. consume data

3. Your data limit is reached

4. Time goes by....you continue to use your phone - i.e. consume data

5. You'll get a text message from Vodafone saying you have used up your data allowance. You are told to reply to renew.

6. You renew instantly

7. You'll get a message saying you have zero balance in your account so you cannot renew.

What happened? 

Vodafone does not have on time messaging. In fact, you are consuming 'Standard' data way before you receive the alert to renew. In our case, it was over two hours delay and in that time we used up an entire month of Bundle money...just for browsing the web. Sad. Now we need to pay another month's expense just to get the bundle renewed again.

If this happens and you call Vodafone, you're going to get yelled at and told this is your fault.

Fair warning.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @badpayasyougo

Im on Payg too. 

The other option for people could be the payasyougo 1 tariff. 

On my phone I can check my data usage using the myVodafone app and the internal data monitor in my phone tells me where i am with usage and I have a setting to both warn me of my pre set level of data usage being reached, and it can turn data usage off. 

I appreciate phone's have different ways to control data usage. 

I either can then add data and watch it update or turn off Mobile Data in the phones settings to cease usage. 

Self monitoring this way has helped me steer away from issues for years. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.