Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is my money gone?

Patika
1: Seeker

Hi!

I use the "pay as you go", toping up my phone regularly with 5 or 10 pounds. I'm almost never using my phone, and I never use internet on it, but after a few days I always receive a text saying "we see that you are using data, it's 2 pounds a day..." and that's it, my money is gone in a few days without using my phone a single time! I already tried to change the settings on my phone so that the apps don't run in the background, without any results...

Could you please help me?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Patika

If you haven't turned off your mobile data, this is something you should have done. If you put your make and model into the device guides on the link below, you can find how this can be done.

Support - Device Guides

The other alternative is to set the APN to post paid instead of pre paid, having an incorrect APN setting, will stop the phone connecting to the internet.

You can still use the internet on your phone, but you need to turn on your WiFi, the phone will then connect to a Wifi connection where available.

BandOfBrothers

To stop your phone accidentally connecting to the Vodafone Data network it's advised to turn off Mobile Data in your phones settings. Then it will only connect while on Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add @Patika

If your unclear on how to turn off Mobile Data then just let us know which make and model of phone your using for further help.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your answer!