Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why my payas you go account was taken extra money than before

Young237
1: Seeker

I only have 10 bundle, but this month it was taken 16 pounds. What’s the problem with it?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It would be worth checking in your myvodafone to see if your still on the same bundle and for anything showing taken in regards to extra's costs , and via customer services via 191 or Live Chat to see if somehow you had managed to create extra costs via MMS messages or via other means such as running out of your allowances or some type of premium subscription has been applied @Young237

If it's an error then customer service should return the funds to your available credit on your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Young237

I am sure the reason for this is exceeding the 2GB inclusive data coming with the bundle and being charged the daily rate of £2.00 per day for out of bundle data charges. PAYG charges can be found on this link: PAYG Charges.  There is also further information here: PAYG Big Value

However, Vodafone are running a Big Value promotion until the 5th November where you will be able to get an extra 4GB of data free when renewing a Big Value and it might be worth opting in, this should sort out any out of bundle data charges until the end of the promotion.  If you refer to this link you will be able to see how to opt in to the promotion:  Pay as you go 4GB promotional offer

If you do not have the My Vodafone Application on your phone this would be worth installing, this is one of the best applications Vodafone offer customers to keep track of usage and make sure allowances are not exceeded.  You can find how to instal this here: My Vodafone Application

Hope that answers your question but if you need any further help please come back to the forum.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I guess the £16 wasn't taken all at one go, but 3x£2 and then the £10 renewal? You should have received warning texts as you approached the 2GB mark, and again when you exceeded it and started to incur the £2 daily charge - and on any subsequent day when you incurred the charge. It's easy to get irritated by texts from Vodafone, and just ignore them, but some of them are important, so at least glance at 'em.

2GB isn't a particularly large allowance, so you might want to keep mobile data switched off when you don't require it. Of course, unless you also have wifi access, it would mean that the MyVodafone app isn't being updated while the data is off. Also, I don't know what experience other PAYG customers have, but I reckon the headline display of allowances is fairly laggy - up to 24 hours for data - so I use the data counter on the phone to double-check (or you can get purpose-made apps).

If you have a specially heavy month of usage on one part of your allowance (or all of it), you can always start your next bundle early, although that puts paid to any allowance rollover you were expecting on the less-heavily used bits.