Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Dongle Impossible to Top up online

Frustratedwifi
1: Seeker

Hi I’ve bought a Wi-Fi dongle and can’t top up on line.  It’s asking for a mobile number but I don’t have one with this device.  Am I going to have to fork out for another one or is there a way around this?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Frustratedwifi

You can find the mobile number for your device by following the information from support here: How do I find the number for my Mobile Wi-Fi device or data dongle?

There is also further information on this link: I’ve just got a new data dongle. How do I get started?

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

If you have a Vodafone mobile phone, or a network-unlocked one, you could try putting the SIM into that, then calling *#100# - you should see a "USSD code running" message, followed by the SIM's mobile number.

But, whatever you do, don't leave the SIM in the phone for longer than required to do this! It's against the Ts&Cs for a data SIM to use it in a phone, and you can be asked to desist, but it wasn't picked up on when I used this trick a couple of times. I also used it as a means of picking up the security code for registering for the MyVodafone online account, when I couldn't see those messages any other way - again, the SIM was only in my phone briefly, and there was no comeback (or none that I could see, which may be different).