Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Won’t let me make a vodaphone account

Brianhamiltonnn
1: Seeker

When I try to make a vodaphone account online it’s saying my phone number isn’t a vodaphone number?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you recently ported your number to Vodafone from another UK Mobile Network @Brianhamiltonnn

If so it might still be settling in. 

If not and if clearing your cache and cookies etc then I'd suggest to call Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Maybe because it's a VodaFONE number......?

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

AnnS

Hi @Brianhamiltonnn

Clear your cookies and PC cache and try the link below.

How do I register for My Vodafone?

As you are PAYG, before being in a position to set up an online account, the SIM needs to be topped up and you will need to make a connection to the network and this will mean a short chargeable connection from your Big Value Bundle or PAYG 1 tariff.

As soon as your online account is up and running, you will be able to download the My Vodafone Application to your phone and this will need to be done using mobile data for the first time. Please be aware that this will use a small amount of your data but subsequent connections to the application can be made using a WiFi connection.  Please see below.

My Vodafone Application

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

In my relatively recent experience, you don't need to have a current balance in order to either set up an online My Vodafone account, or set up the My Vodafone app. The two are entirely separate, and you can set up either one or both. If you aren't getting anywhere, best call CS from your mobile for advice - 191, and there's no charge - or use Live Chat.

In order to set up an online account, you need a number that Vodafone recognises as theirs :Winking_smiley: and it needs to be able to receive a security code by text, but you can use wifi and your home PC for the rest.

You can download the app over wifi without any problem, but you will need to switch off wifi and switch on mobile data to activate the app. If you have available credit or mobile data, other apps may hijack the connection to do some updating of their own, but Vodafone won't charge you for the data used by the My Vodafone app, either in cash or by deduction from your available allowance. It's as well to be in an area with a reasonable data signal, or the app may struggle to "find" you. If you have neither credit nor data available, the other apps won't be able to hijack the connection, but Vodafone will let you activate the app. After that, it's as well to use wifi if you don't have an available data allowance.

Admittedly my phone was up-to-date with other apps, but I was pleasantly surprised a few days back to find that connecting to mobile data in the US in order to re-activate my app incurred no charges whatsoever. My phone indicated it had used just under 1MB in the timeframe involved, and I was expecting to be charged 12p/24p at the roaming rate for the privilege, but nothing has shown up yet.