Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Won't let me top up with my bank card

Emzib80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Last week I needed to renew my big value bundle early as my sister is ill in hospital! Topped up £30 with my bank card and Vodafone took the money from my account but no credit was applied! Customer services where not helpful and made excuse after excuse! So Thursday last week I topped up again mine and my daughter's phones! Yet again the money got took from my account and customer services gave me the run around! £75 and nothing! Just attitude and spoke to like rubbish! I have since been in the Vodafone store and they were very helpful going above and beyond to help yet I'm still out of pocket! Who else can I speak to about getting my money back

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Emzib80

A Bank can be a little wary of a transaction that involves topping up a Payg account sometimes. 

Also if a payment glitches then it can be the case that if the money isn't claimed by Vodafone then your bank releases the hold on the funds and it drops back into your account in approx 3 days.

The money in these cases hasn't actually left your Bank account. 

It's held by the Bank. 

Your own Banks Customer services can confirm this for you by checking your bank account.  

If necessary a person can contact Vodafone and raise a lost Payment claim and your Bank will help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Emzib80

You may find the credit has been used to purchase your BVB.

The first place to look for you top up bundle and credit will be dialling 2345, your online account and My Vodafone phone application, this will give the information needed on your bundle and any remaining credit.  If you are able to check your Daughters accounts, you will also be able to see any top ups credited. 

There is a maximum top up allowed using the same card during a 30 day period,  With mobile top ups being a high fraud risk banks are concerned when there are multiple tops up using the same card and you may find the transactions for your Daughters phones have been declined by your bank and will be returned to your available balance. If this is the case, Vodafone would be unable to override the banks decision and you will need to contact your bank.

Your bank account will show two balances, your pending and available balance, if the money has been left your pending balance and you have not received the top ups, this will be something the forum Team will be able to look into.  Alternatively, raise this as a payment dispute with your bank.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emzib80 - I’m sorry to hear your sister’s not well. We want to help and look into why the credits aren’t being applied.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.