main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Wrong Phone Number!

johnoooo
4: Newbie

Going into the "Top Up" module it asks for phone number.

I put mine in, it starts 44 but I get a message to state it should start 07

What is wrong?

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnoooo

+44 is the UK dialling code.  Forget the 44 and put the number in as 07 followed by the rest of your number.  If you continue to have problems, you can find alternative ways to top up below.

How can I top up my phone?

View more options
johnoooo

Thanks, but on the receipt I obtained from Vodafone shop the cphone number is stated as being 12 digits starting 447.

Does this mean they got it wrong?

View more options
AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

Ignore the 44 which is the dialling code for the UK and put the number in as 07.  If you dial *#100# followed by call on your keypad you will be able to see the number you need to enter it will appears on the screen.

@johnoooo

Are you trying to top up using a top up voucher?  If you are having problems topping up, this is something Customer Services or live chat will be able to help you with.  If you would like to speak to someone, please call 191 from your phone, the call is free.

View more options
johnoooo

Thanks, but one of my many problems, is that I can't get a mobile signal at home I have to travel by car to get signal!

View more options
donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi,

As per the previous replies, the voucher you have has the phone number in the international format. 

Replace the +44 with a 0 and you'll be fine.

E.g. +44 7788 xxyyxx becomes 07788 xxyyxx

As for signal, where do you live? Have you checked coverage on the checker to see if this is a known blackspot you live in?

View more options
johnoooo

Many thanks to both of you.

Yes I'm in a known Black spot, just hope that V/Fone put in an improverment sometime

View more options
donnyguy

Does Vodafone offer wi-fi calling on PAYG?

View more options
AnnS

Hey @donnyguy

Unfortunately not, you have to be on a pay monthly contract.  The inclusive plans are on the link below.

WiFi calling

View more options
donnyguy

Gotcha - I've got wifi calling on my plan. Hadn't realised it wasn't available to all. Suggested it as thought it'd be a perfect solution for the blackspot issue. 

The other option is perhaps a Vodafone Sure Signal.

View more options
johnoooo

Why not try using BT Fon?

View more options
jeffkinn

@johnoooowrote:

Why not try using BT Fon?

BT fon is simply a Wi fi service. You can use BT Smart Talk to make calls using Wi Fi but you can't receive them. The best option to receive calls over Wi Fi is to use a data service like Whatsapp. This makes and receives voice calls and uses your normal phone number.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options