Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xiaomi mi 8 broadband problem

spikesinnerz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello i am using a divice with 2 sims a greek and uk for the pasta 2 months in UK so far i could use my data on my UK sim after an update from my phone i can't use my data anymore to uk sim i always get an H sign and I can't creat a new APN like i can do on my Greek sim 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @spikesinnerz

Occasionally a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On  and or removing the sim card and re inserting it can help.

A few questions if I may....

What update did you allow on the phone ?

As it's a hybrid dual sim phone variant can I assume Vodafone UK did not supply the phone ? You may need to go back to who supplied it to have it tested.

Are you currently in the UK  ?

If not is the roaming settings still turned On to allow roaming.

Roaming is meant for short term use via using a Vodafone UK account.

Does the issue happen in one area or everywhere ?

Perhaps check your local masts if it's in a particular area > Vodafone status-checker.

How-can-I-check-my-network-coverage-and-status. )

In your phones settings in the sim card Manager is that still set up correctly  ?

As a process of elimination can you place your Vodafone UK Payg Sim Card in another phone to see if it connects to mobile data Ok.

Can you perhaps try a different sim card in your phone ?

Do your Apn's settings look to be right ?

Vodafone - Set up your phone for Internet. and What-should-I-do-if-I-have-little-to-no-data-connection.

text WEB to 40127 free from your Vodafone mobile and save settings."

If it does not then please check that you have enough data allowance left to use via your myvodafone.

Also check the 'bars' section in your myvodafone to ensure no accidental activation of a data bar has occured. 

Customer service can check your account at their end via calling them or using Live Chat. 

The avenues to contact Vodafone UK are Here.

I appreciate there's a lot of things to try but by carrying out the above your ruling out each possible issue.

Please let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did a soft reboot and a hard reset. The latest update is the MIUI global 10.2 stable. This happens and in UK and in Greece I can set up a new APN on my Greek sim and use my data fine but I cannot set a new APN to the UK sim. I used my UK sim to a different UK divice and it worked I used a different UK sim card to my phone and it didn't worked as well but my Greek works fine 

AnnS

Hi @spikesinnerz

There is some feedback on the internet for the APN compatability issue after the update, if you do a search you will be able to find these but I have come across this one. https://www.techsmagic.com/poco-f1-receiving-miui-10-2-global-stable-update-user-experiencing-apn-re...

As this is a phone not supported by Vodafone, I doubt there would be anything Vodafone would be able to suggest.  Hopefully the internet will help you find a solution.

However, you may get further replies from other forum users. 

@spikesinnerz wrote:

I did a soft reboot and a hard reset. The latest update is the MIUI global 10.2 stable. This happens and in UK and in Greece I can set up a new APN on my Greek sim and use my data fine but I cannot set a new APN to the UK sim. I used my UK sim to a different UK divice and it worked I used a different UK sim card to my phone and it didn't worked as well but my Greek works fine 

Then by your own troubleshooting as i suggested to perform the issue seems to be with the phone to which I'd suggest approaching the manufacturer and the outlet thatbsupploed the phone @spikesinnerz

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.