Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

friends and family cancelled by Vodafone

jasminowen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I tried to extend my family and friends from a four to a six on the 5th of September as my daughter went back to school the day after. Vodafone took the 7 pound for this on the 8th and a hour later sent me a message saying I didn't have enough money to get it so I rang 191 and spoke to someone who confirmed the money was took for it and my group was upgraded to six people. I tried to ring my daughter and it didn't connect I rang them back and was told it was active and he didn't know why it wasn't working as he couldn't get on the system and he would raise it to the technical team and to try again in a few days this I still ongoing I have spoke to people four/five times I now have no group as the Las woman I spoke to cancelled my group entirely so now I cant ring my son, daughter,mom,partner and they cant ring me this is a joke its been 2 and a half weeks now . Does anyone know how I get this sorted as the technical team is not ringing me back. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

There certainly seems to be some confusion on getting your account set up. 

Your going to need customer service again via 191 or Live Chat as they've the account access needed to sort this out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @jasminowen

The first thing to try is adding the Group through your online account, this may resolve the issue.  If you have the My Vodafone Application, you will be able to see if the Family Group is registered under My Extra's.

If you had a bundle or available credit on your phone, you should still have been able to connect to your Daughters number.  As your Daughter is PAYG, as well as being a member of the Group, it is also necessary for her to make a regular chargeable activity to keep the SIM active. 

If you continue to have issues with your family group, there is no reason for live chat being unable to access your account and make sure the group is registered.

There is further infomation to help on the link below.

How do I manage my Vodafone Family?

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

It seems to be that changing the size of a group, particularly mid-month, causes confusions. On the basis of my earlier experience, although it was a while ago now, I'd tend to recommend cancelling the small group just before it is due to end, waiting until it has cleared down, then starting again with the larger group. Though this does result in a discontinuity of a day or two!