Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5C Vodafone simlocked

giumanca
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I live in Italy. I bought an iphone 5c from UK and it's Vodafone simlocked. How I could receive a NUC, considering that, in Italy, I can't use a Vodafone UK free Pay as you go SIM for 30 days?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @giumanca

Unless you are in a position to use the phone with a PAYG Vodafone UK SIM in the UK to connect the IMEI number to the SIM, you won't be able to get the phone unlocked.

You don't mention where you purchased the phone.  If it was secondhand, the original owner may be able to help by getting the phone unlocked against the UK account.

Your only other alternative is to send the phone to someone you know in the UK or sell the phone back on as a locked Vodafone UK phone.

Further info for you below.

How do I get my phone unlocked?

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @giumanca

Unless you are in a position to use the phone with a PAYG Vodafone UK SIM in the UK to connect the IMEI number to the SIM, you won't be able to get the phone unlocked.

You don't mention where you purchased the phone.  If it was secondhand, the original owner may be able to help by getting the phone unlocked against the UK account.

Your only other alternative is to send the phone to someone you know in the UK or sell the phone back on as a locked Vodafone UK phone.

Further info for you below.

How do I get my phone unlocked?

BandOfBrothers

@giumanca wrote:

Hi, I live in Italy. I bought an iphone 5c from UK and it's Vodafone simlocked. How I could receive a NUC, considering that, in Italy, I can't use a Vodafone UK free Pay as you go SIM for 30 days?

Thank You

I'm sorry but then Vodafone UK wouldn't be able to unlock it as you can't meet the criteria. 

If this was my situation I'd check with the original owner too but if that wasn't possible then re sell it and use the funds to buy a phone that's already unlocked or locked to your network of choice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.