Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 wont connect to 4G but 3G is OK

mteplan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On my iPhone 6 (PAYG) I noticed that it would no longer connect to 4G just 3G. It only happened adound 3 days ago 4G worked fine on same phone and SIMbefore. Called 191 tried a lot of things, checked settings, all OK but no 4G so they suggested visit to Vodafone store. After my visit to store I learnt that my account is only 3G and the guy in store was unable to change it. How it this even possible? 4G was fine few days ago and I have not changed anything. So the guy in store said to ring 191 again! What can I do ? can anyone here help please?

5 REPLIES 5

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

What an extraordinary thing to be told! 4G has been standard on all PAYG accounts for ages - at least 2 years, quite possibly more than 3 years. I can think of a couple of things that could have gone wrong - either the SIM card has become damaged in some way, or an error has occurred on your account. 

If the problem is with the SIM, a store will be able to move your number and account to a new blank SIM. If the problem is with your account, then either 191 or Live Chat should be able to sort things out for you. 

Spoken with 191 again and was told that they would escalate to technical team but was also told this can take days to fix??? Not happy at all.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mteplan It's disappointing to hear this. 

I'm glad our Tech team are looking into this for you and I'm certain they'll be able to sort out the problem with your account. 

If you're still having problems with this, after your account has been worked on within the next few days, please let us know and our team will be happy to help.

Hello,

I don't think this is a unique problem, as I was told 2 weeks ago by Vodafone's Egyt PAYG callcentre that they are aware that something has gone wrong with 4G provisioning and that a "Super Engineer" is dealing with the issue. I thought I was the only person having 4G not working issues, but it looks o be a wider problem. Pity it is still not resolved.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for raising this with us @Dark_Knight.

Have you had any further contact with the team since in regards to your 4G?

We'll be happy to look into things further should you need us.