2: Seeker

Hi,can I block txt messages?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Helen-m

Who are the text and calls from ?

If Vodafone then you can choose your preferences in myvodafone and or call 191 and they can set them for you. 

If it's from other companies then if your phone has the feature use it's call and text blocking feature if the party phoning or texting you show their number. 

If they are withholding their number then the advice in the following links may help. 

This is further help from Vodafone on the subject > 

What-can-I-do-about-nuisance-calls. and Nuisance-calls-and-texts.

Options in these two links discuss speaking with Vodafones Nuisance Call Bureau and Telephone Preference Service (TPS) registering.

One piece of advice says "If you’re receiving unwanted messages from a shortcode (typically a 4- or 5-digit number) then reply STOP. Legitimate organisations will cease sending you any further messages"

However if it's not a legitimate source then by texting stop they'll know they have latched to a live number. 

A last resort could be to change your number with Vodafone but this won't guarantee things won't start again. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

On Android and Apple ,TPS have a call blocking system ,available to download from TPS site. On her Android ,my wife uses HIYA, which has a list of reported spam & other nuiscance calls built in and blocks these. It also has a facility to report and block other nuiscance calls .For windows phone users ,there's Truecaller , which has a block & report faciity and also has a databaseof the known nuiscance numbers. One other not well advertised way of dealing with nuiscance texts is to report them to ICO on their site. They have teeth, but shame on the phone networks. Shoudld they work together, they could make the life of the nuiscance callers from mobiles that much harder.