Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

old phone without sim card

Dilcia
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a very very old phone which cost £12.97 for just texting and the occasional phone call. It has no internet and suddenly today it shows invalid sim when I turn it on. It has no sim card in it. I use Pay as you go but can no longer log on to my vodaphone account as it won't accept the username and password. I only use about £5 to £10 per year on the phone, and no I have no idea what version etc of the vodaphone it is. Probably about 8 years old. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds like the SIM may have been disconnected from the network for non use @Dilcia 

The best thing to do is try an alternative SIM in the phone and see if it works. You can order a new SIM here Free SIM  but this will have a different number and will need a new online account. 

If possible, try the SIM in an alternative phone @Dilcia if it works this will confirm a fault with the phone.

There is no sim card in it. I have been using it to text continually. 

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Only two possibilities exist when it comes to using a mobile phone without needing a physical SIM card:

• Analogue mobile phone
  • An eSIM capable device

The first (analogue) was switched off way back in 2001 and so there is no way you are or were using an analogue phone. eSIM is relatively new technology and again there is no way your 8 year old phone would support this.

What make and model phone do you have?

you can do almost everything you can do with it right now, without paying a carrier anything or using a SIM card. All you need is Wi-Fi (internet access), a few different apps, and a device to use.